Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

light bush scratches,FFS stupid old golf driver

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2006, 12:40 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light bush scratches,FFS stupid old golf driver

Heading home from work this morning via my usual twisty lane over the hills near penistone/north sheffield

Around a blind corner,keepin in as many vans/large 4x4's can usually be found cutting this very corner.Anyhow travelling down the hill around the blind corner,i am confronted by a vw golf reversing toward me,now im doing around 40 mph,raining heavy,mud on the road and this complete nobber is reversing up the hill toward this blind corner i have just come around

Needless to say,at this point,i slam on wheels lock on the loose mud,sliding toward the rear of this golf,two options

1-rear end the dozy bint in the brand new golf or

2-head for the bush(and no not her bush )

So,i opt for the second option,squeezing down her off side,as now she is positioned blocking the road completely,and i end up scrapeing all the way down my off-side through a holly bush

So,i come to a halt,look to the sky and thank the lord so to speak,next the red mist decends,seat belt off,open the door......

Next thing i know,she takes off at high speed.............wheel spinning away and gone

ah-ha bitch,obviously not that up on local roads,i think no way are you getting away that easy love

so back in the motor,off after her(not chasing though)as around the next corner,i find her sideways after she has lost traction on a nice even covering of cow S**T,the farmer always,religiously takes his cows accross to another field at 11 am,no matter what

anyway i pull up to have a word,and this women is looking a little worried/sheepish/scared to say the least,i dont start shouting and threatening,i simply ask her why she is a dozy bint,and does she fancy paying for the paint damage to my car if any,as its difficult to see when wet

To which she replies

"why would i pay for the damage,its your fault for crashing into a bush"

Now im F**king fuming,so i took her insurance details and foooked off home before i lost it completely

Just had a look at the off side,and its covered in surface scratches,but none of which have gone through to the laquer

So anyone give me some good advise on getting rid/also what to use

looking back now,i am pretty pleased with myself for showing some restraint

cheers mark

Last edited by ethanrob; 06 December 2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:43 PM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check in the car care section, lots of useful info can be found there.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:55 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, leaving the scene of an accident? Isnt that a serious offence? Have you told the Police she attempted to leave the scene of an accident?

Pay to have the damage fixed and send the bill to her insurance company.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:00 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

yep!

phoned the police,they said i had to report it in person at the station,went down and guess what..............................................

No one there,suprise suprise

so im off to the main city centre one this afternoon
Old 06 December 2006, 01:24 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure a detailing session using a porter cable would get those out Mark and make the rest of the car look good at the same time. Can cost up to £120.00 but will give you winter protection etc. Not too sure if you have one in your area though.

Try the Detailing World website.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:37 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE

Try the Detailing World website.
got a web address fella ?

cheers mark
Old 06 December 2006, 01:39 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

just had a look at this porter cable jobbie

Is that not just an angle grinder with a polishing adaptor on it
Old 06 December 2006, 01:56 PM
JohnS

From the sound of things, the Golf driver was obviously doing something wrong, and she knew she was doing something wrong. However, you should always be able to stop safely in the distance you can see ahead regardless of the road conditions. You cannot assume that the road around a blind corner will be clear. If her car was stationary (e.g. broken down or involved in a previous accident), then you would have been considered at fault if you had run into the back of it, and quite possibly left yourself open to a charge of driving without due care and attention

If the damage isn't too bad (ie will polish out), I'd be tempted to contact her directly and see if she wants to pay for the work direclty without involving the police and/or insurance companies.

John
Old 06 December 2006, 02:01 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Here you go mate

Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.

Corradoboy and Killa had theres done not too long ago so will be able to give you some helpful hints. Porter Cable does look a bit agressive I agree but used properly the results are stunning combined with the appropriate products.

Search for L200 Steve - think he did the WYIOC lot.

It will certainly rid all swirl marks and light scuffs/ scratches etc
Old 06 December 2006, 02:19 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

well I understand where JohnS is coming from, in quoting the legal side of it, but WTF, how can you not assume that round the corner, the road will be clear. That would mean that you would never go around corners

It is a pain, how the law is interpretured (sp) but from the sounds of it, the daft cow was entirely at fault and she knew it. I commend your resistance to lose the plot

hope you get it sorted.

I dont think I would have had the same amount of patience, but then I just had a crash a few months ago, and kept my cool then,so maybe

Liked the bit about finding her later on around another corner sideways..do you think she was trying a bit of golf drifting
Old 06 December 2006, 02:54 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

I gained a number of fine scratches from a number of trips in Cornwall where the narrow roads can cause havoc with the paint work . Polished bliss reccomended this Menzerna Intensive Polish
applied with this Ultimate German Applicator Pad

It's a bit of hard work by hand if you don't have a porter cable polisher , but it did the job . followed up with my nornal Blackfire polish and it's as good as new (until the next trip to Cornwall )

Dave
Old 06 December 2006, 02:56 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

I think when i found her sideways on cow S**t,in some ways it was karma

In other ways,it seemed like da-ja-vue,somehow i knew she would have some sort of off,moment of lost control.the way she took off in a front wheel drive car on wet and muddy road's,and then to come accross the cow crossing,it would have took one hell of a driver to keep it straight

its hard to tell at the moment,the level of damage/scuffage to the paint work as its still peeing it down,but as far as i can tell,no paint has been removed,its surface damage all being well
Old 06 December 2006, 08:56 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Get in touch with Steve Graves (L200 on Detailing World), his web address is the-detailer.com - UK based Auto-Detailer resources. Sound guy, superb work, safe hands, not far, as based in Leeds.