Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Ive caused a stir on DW - Microfibre Noodle Wash Mitt

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2006, 07:14 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ive caused a stir on DW - Microfibre Noodle Wash Mitt

I got brought a Microfibre Noodle wash mitt for Christmas and I was just courious, would it be safe to use on the car?

My dad who brought it for me can get it exhanged or a refund for something else. What I want to get is the Megs Lambs wool wash mitt.

What do you guys suggest compared to members on DW.
Cheers
Darren
Old 26 December 2006, 08:00 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Im not sure but this should be ok if used with the two bucket method or get the lambs wool also and use this for wheels etc.
Old 26 December 2006, 08:44 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hmm my thoughts

DW is VERY **** at times, so much so i never use it anymore.

there is a massive "i have a PC, im a pro" attitude on there, and although it looks like there is a few people on there who i would consider "good" at what they do, the rest just copy whateverybody else is saying

have you tried it on something like a cd to see if it leaves any marks?

things dont have to cost a lot of cash, and carry massive brand names to be good products, i stopped listening to other people and just started going off my own results. and it saved me a fortune

i can pick up microfibre cloths for 30p each and they are fine
i can get 5 litres of all purpose cleaner for £2.19 and its fine

i can get a tin of long life car wax for 0.75p and its lasted for months on my own car, when something like £13 worth of meguirs lasts 2 weeks, customers have came back for monthly valets, commentating that the wax is much better, its the cheapest of the cheap (and i have 14 tins stored away at work as i bought the last remaining stock from my local wholesale place )

can you link the DW thread?
Old 26 December 2006, 10:46 PM
TimmyboyWRX
Scooby Regular

i use AG resin polish as a base on my car lol, and thats a swear word on DW.... and if u see my car its got a great finish!

a CD would be ideal to test it out on, some of the brands are over rated as people have found to their cost.. thats got a deep pile on it so will beat a sponge for washing and i dont see as microfibre like that will scratch or marr clearcoat
Old 27 December 2006, 12:46 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I see your point. I have only just joined up, just to see what other people are going and i'll take what I want from it.
Heres the link to this thread on DW: Noodle Wash Mitt - Detailing World
Darren

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
hmm my thoughts

DW is VERY **** at times, so much so i never use it anymore.

there is a massive "i have a PC, im a pro" attitude on there, and although it looks like there is a few people on there who i would consider "good" at what they do, the rest just copy whateverybody else is saying

have you tried it on something like a cd to see if it leaves any marks?

things dont have to cost a lot of cash, and carry massive brand names to be good products, i stopped listening to other people and just started going off my own results. and it saved me a fortune

i can pick up microfibre cloths for 30p each and they are fine
i can get 5 litres of all purpose cleaner for £2.19 and its fine

i can get a tin of long life car wax for 0.75p and its lasted for months on my own car, when something like £13 worth of meguirs lasts 2 weeks, customers have came back for monthly valets, commentating that the wax is much better, its the cheapest of the cheap (and i have 14 tins stored away at work as i bought the last remaining stock from my local wholesale place )

can you link the DW thread?
Old 27 December 2006, 06:54 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

I dont think the guys on DW are having a crack at your wash mitt,they all have their own opinions of whats better and whats not.I have learned alot from the guys there and so could you if you not clued up regarding paint etc...I have also got a PC but im far from being "pro".You can see what products work and what dont with certain pads,different techniqes etc.Stick with and have a look around you will be surprised at how deep car cleaning can go.
Old 27 December 2006, 09:56 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
I see your point. I have only just joined up, just to see what other people are going and i'll take what I want from it.
Heres the link to this thread on DW: Noodle Wash Mitt - Detailing World
Darren

"Unwashed member"
Old 28 December 2006, 02:12 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Might be okay, but equally might not! Testing is the only way to find out, if you are happy to do this on your own car then go for it. My thoughts - the pile is deep, which is good, but with the strands being microfibre, they will hold on to dirt more than say a lambswool wash mitt, meaning you may get more marring. I personally only use lambswool products on bodywork.