Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

GAME, I had to laugh

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2002, 02:59 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when I bought my X-box I got Amped and Halo.

the next day I returned Amped " It's guff " I told the assistant "can't say more than that " I added
blank look followed

But all the X-box games are good he said
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] " can I have rallispot challenge instead Please
Old 10 July 2002, 09:42 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

not really a stupid thing that one said but still gotta hand it to him

In dixons city centre Leeds back in 95 I was browsing around and happened to spot a diamond voodoo 3dfx card that came with a free copy of g-police nice I thought, so I checked the label and was surprised to see a sticker saying £29 so I had a quick look in my copy of micro mart and couldn't find one any cheaper than £199 so I called a sales bloke over and asked if it was the right price he said it says so on the sticker don't it so I thought right I will have 2 took it to the till and it took the lad over half an hour to get it through the till as it kept coming up at £219 so in the end they ended up getting forced through the system as some random game and I had 2 voodoo cards for £60 and I sold the second one for £150
Old 10 July 2002, 10:18 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Is there a recruitment agency called Dumb and Dumber that these companys all recruit from, or in fact are these stores all staffed by Aliens lol

ian
Old 10 July 2002, 10:22 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

im sorry to say i used to work for pc world as a technician but i left after about 6 months as i decided to get a better job but i was allways getting shouted at for telling people to go buy from somewhere else or to buy stuff that we didnt sell i said look im sorry im not going to sell people crap just because you want me too
Old 10 July 2002, 10:51 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

ian/555 - we aint all stupid you know. I used to work for Game. As for my credentials, well lets say I know what im talking about.

Whilst at Uni I worked there and it was enjoyable. But think of it this way - most come in and are quite glad of the help but a few think its fun to annoy or **** off the staff, who lets be honest couldnt give a t*ss most of the time because would you if you where bieng paid £3.50 an hour and losing your weekends ?

Yes indeed you will get that treatment at game. Do you think that the sales assistant has time to play every *single* game. HOWEVER, I will agree that if they didnt know what a game was like, they should be honest.

They also operate a 10 day no quibble return policy if you buy a bad-un. You cant go wrong. Its a pirates wet dream.

What im trying to say is dont tar everyone with the same brush. Most of them arent thick. They just cant be arsed with the minimum wage bull**** job, which it is.

I dont want to start an argument, but I felt I had to say something

Old 10 July 2002, 01:09 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Look my post was in FUN! Look back and see the Also I was asking a question not stating a fact, hence the use of the word "are". I was asking for others to share there funny experiances of things said by assistants.

I would of been glad to of been earning £3.50 an hour in my first job, I use to earn £1.25 an hour! Guess what I did, I quit!
Also I was not asking if people enjoyed what job they have because if they don't like the pay, then don't take the job.
Even when in a job that I hated doing for 7 very long years of night shifts, I still did it to the BEST of my ABILITY! As that is what I was paid to do! Not give bad service because I was fed up with the conditions/pay level. Believe me I have alot of experiance of being treated badly by the public whilest at work. At no time did this customer act in a discourte-ess (spl?) manner to the guy who came upto him and asked him "can I help you?"

Also if people feel so strongly about being paid such a low amount then start up a business for yourself. Even if you have no capital to invest or no proven business experiance you can aply for help from the Government loan Guarantee scheme, who will act as a gurantor for you. So there really is no excuse for staying in a low paid job which you HATE and giving Customers bad advice.

Also I said "Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be a fountain of knowledge" far from it, just I would not say to someone when my opinion was asked on a game, that it was alright, if I had not played it! That was what I found funny and I think I am justified in saying it is a Moronic statement to make if you have never played the GAME, to say it is alright. No I do not wish to get into an argument either as I will probably lose LOL

Anyone else got something funny you have heard said by an assistant whilest in a shop?

Regards ian
Old 10 July 2002, 01:10 PM
MarkehB
Scooby Regular

TBH are you suprised? You walk into Tescos and say to the nearest checkout person "Is this bottle of wine any good?" Are they going to generally know?

Its a job all they do is stand at a till ffs. Or should Game let them play every game in the store just so they can comment on all of them?

Be realistic
Old 10 July 2002, 05:35 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

All it would of taken for the guy to say was "according to the reviews in the Mags it is alright" Not "yea it's alright" after being asked a direct question in a conversation that the assistant instigated in the first place.

Look I posted in fun! no where is there a angry smilie in my post as I was just seeing what other experiances people have had.

As for the wine reference, no I wouldn't expect Tesco's sales assistant to know, but I would expect say someone in Threasers/oddbins to be able to give me some info on a bottle of wine as that is their so-called area, just as GAME's area is er GAMES.

Is good customer service too much to ask for?

ian
Old 10 July 2002, 09:11 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

On here Ian its FAR too much to ask.

People dont READ the posts properly, they SKIM, as far as I can tell, and only see half of it.

I was looking at one earlier that was selling an exhaust, and 4th post down the bloke said "sorry, other deal has fallen through, I'll have to keep it a bit longer". 10 minutes later, there's a post "how much do you want for the back box"...ffs!

Ive never even been spoken to by an assistant in GAME. Maybe at 30 I look too old for games. I'll take my 2 year old in and see if they approach him whilst hes pointing at Colin McRae and burbling "car" fifty times over...

ps ITS ONLY A BIT OF FUN FOR FLOCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11 July 2002, 09:22 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Raze Buzz I think you are bang on the mark saying some people just Skim the threads and post without re-reading what they are responding to.

ian
Old 07 October 2002, 01:57 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Wink

I went into a branch of GAME yesterday to buy a game for my son to use on his Gameboy advance, when I overheard another customer asking one of the sales assistant's his opinion of the latest PS2 game he wanted to buy.

It goes something like this.
Customer "Is it alright then"?
assistant "Yea it's alright"
There is then a 5 second delay when all I can think is that it sinks in to the assistant that this guy might ask him more about the game.

Assistant "although I haven't actually played it yet"
At this point I just shakes my head, laughs and walks out the shop never to return.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be a fountain of knowledge, but come on! How on earth do these people get a job in the first place!

What is the most moronic statement you have heard from one of these so called assistants you get in the High st and Retail parks? As there most of been some blinders that people from Scoobynet have heard which are far far funnier than this example.

ian

[Edited by ian/555 - 7/10/2002 2:01:42 AM]