Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

R-Studio/R-Undelete probs

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2002, 08:00 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone used either of these programs to recover files ??

I have a partition that i reformatted but silly me forgot to move the Outlook .pst files that i put there beforehand (doh).

I have recovered them with R-Studio NTFS but the .pst files (and all the other stuff - .jpg, .doc, .xls, etc) seem to be corrupt. The file sizes are correct but the Win XP cant read the data in the files.

Has anyone got any useful tips they can give me as the Enemy is going to kill me as ive lost all her email which has loads of stuff about our wedding she has found

Dave
Old 08 October 2002, 08:39 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I accidentally deleted a PST file on Friday night, on my XP/NTFS partition.

I recovered it easily with the following: PC File Inspector. It's a freeware app which can undelete from NTFS/FAT drives with the minimum of hassle. Just get it to scan the drive, and choose the files to restore from the 'Deleted' folder.

Just remember to recover to a different drive/partition if possible, otherwise you might corrupt any other deleted files by writing all over 'em.
Old 08 October 2002, 12:03 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

I use R-Studio and have never come across this, it sounds like some data has been written over the original files.