Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

i heard companies are gonna stop making games for Xbox?

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2002, 09:53 AM
subster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the latest xbox mag which claims new deals have been signed up with big software companies.Personally console wise everyone I know seems to be buying xbox now, I was just starting to think it was starting to win the battle.I have both and the only game I have bought for the ps2 in the last 18 months is vice city

[Edited by subster - 12/1/2002 9:55:23 AM]
Old 12 February 2002, 01:19 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Konami apparently have stopped making games for the Xbox but then that's about it, infact if anything Publishers are pulling out of making Game cube games the Xbox has overtaking it in sales. Xbox live has sold out in it's first week in the US 150,000 units

[Edited by Pete_UK99 - 12/2/2002 1:19:32 PM]
Old 01 December 2002, 12:21 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Question

as above i heard this from two different friends. they both said companies are not gonna make games for them. Has any one heard this too and is it true?
they think its gonna go the same way a the dreamcast.

Ray
Old 01 December 2002, 12:45 AM
xboxowner
Scooby Newbie

nah not true... the whole basics behind xbox design is that it has the basic inards of a PC meaning that most games that can play on a pc can play on xbox .. in fact from what i understand the complete opposite is happening and xbox are realeasing more top games than any compnay .. also i belive microsoft have brough up rage software .. so they can develop games exclusivly for the xbox
Old 01 December 2002, 09:38 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I heard that the top Japense companies are not developing much for the Xbox now and that MS are having to use thier own resources to keep development on new games coming along.

Most of the people I know with XBoxs only seem to have a few titles and most of these people have PS2s also and buy more games for that as thier is wider choice they say.

I don't know myself as I've not really looked at XBox as I don't want to give money the MS , not after they way they have treated thousands of business with the changes to thier licecning schemes.

AllanB

Old 02 December 2002, 10:28 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I totaly agree subster

I was an avid PS2 fan and wouldn't even consider buying an X-Box, then suddenly everyone I knew was buying one, in the end I caved in and bought one.

The graphics and the smoothness of the gameplay of the XBox is unbeleivable and I'm sure with X-Box live starting Beta testing over here and going live (if you parden the pun) in March 2003 the X-Box will start to make some headway on the PS2.
Old 02 December 2002, 11:46 AM
Jodster
Scooby Regular

Xbox will never fail. You have the worlds biggest organisation behind it. If games companies stop writing for the platform, Microsoft will buy them and force them to. Simple as that.