Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help: Exchange 5.5 problem

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2003, 10:23 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Right, this one is driving me demented this morning.

We had to re-configure our internal IP addresses, which all worked fine last night.

One of my colleagues in our Head Office needed to amend a host file which resolved our mail servers IP address (connected by a simple ISDN-2 router).

I noticed this morning that mail was getting queued in the MTA X.400 queue for both our sites. I finally sussed that the IP address for our server was wrong in the local hosts table.

I've fixed this and restart the MTA services on both servers, but I can't get the mail to transfer between the sites.

I've turned on Diagnostic Logging and looked in the Event Viewer, but there's nothing obvious other than telling me some has been removed and appended to the queue.

What should I be looking for?

Stefan
Old 25 February 2003, 10:33 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Right, got it sorted.

Noticed an error in the head office servers application log. Said something about not being able to find the TCP stack

Anyway, I deleted the X.400 site connector and the TCP MTA transport stack.

Stefan
Old 25 February 2003, 11:18 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen something similar to this, but that turned out to be a screwy directory....

I know its a bit after the event but was your x400 connector configured with a destination IP address or server name? Best practice is for IP address as it reduces the load on the MTA and reduces dependency on working DNS for mail flow.