Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

"Freeview" PCI Card - Nebula :-))

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2003, 12:14 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi All,

I've been messing about with PCI cards for my work PC so I can watch TV. I had an analogue Hauppauge card (Win-TV) that kind of worked OK so bought a Hauppauge Nova-t PCI card to replace it. Had no end of trouble with it and never really got it working properly, docs were terrible, software poor. Sent the thing back.

Someone on AVForums pointed me in the direction of Nebula Electronics and their DigiTV PCI Card. Ordered Sunday night, arrived this morning. 10 minutes to set up and comes with a proper remote control (OneForAll 4 way jobbie). All in cost £123.80 delivered.

What can I say, excellent product. Works out of the box, tuned all the Freeview channels including radio no problem. And that was with a crappy indoors, unpowered aerial.

Docs and software is great with new versions coming out all the time. Major new release next week.

I don't normally get excited by kit, usually because it means pain to get working etc. but this is just perfect.

Got widescreen News24, along with the normal Freeview fare, it records to disc with timers etc.

Anyway, if you want to watch TV ( or listen to radio) on your PC and you can get Freeview, then this is the widget for you. 5 Live cricket coverage is pretty good too.

Needless to say, not much work done today

I have no connection with the company etc. etc. blah blah

Cheers

Ian

[Edited by IWatkins - 3/19/2003 12:15:07 AM]
Old 19 March 2003, 09:04 AM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had shed loads of grief trying to get a Pace PCI TV+Radio card to work. Just after they released v2 drivers which improved things, they went bust...

My WinTV USB is pretty good (although that needed new drivers + TV applet to stop it BSODing W2000 after 10 minutes )