Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

House of the Dead 3

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2003, 09:53 AM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok get to chapter five and you have to kill the silver guy with the spinning halo that surrounds him.
How the hell do you kill him, I have tried and tried and still cant kill him.
Help this game is driving me mad
Old 07 April 2003, 02:23 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Can you play this with a light gun?
Old 07 April 2003, 02:29 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Yep. Keep meaning to get one myself, but am holding out for an official MS one. Theres a nice Beretta style one on Lik Sang, officially licensed for Xbox by Microsoft & officially licensed by Beretta for replica.

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 4/7/2003 2:32:15 PM]
Old 07 April 2003, 02:39 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

I went for the nice slime green light guns, does the job but still can't kill that bloody bloke on level 5
Old 07 April 2003, 02:44 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

I thought MS said they were leaving the guns to third party developers. I must say having looked up the TM Baretta it looks the biz, a dam good replica. You'd really need 2 to have max drunken zombie blasting action tho
Old 07 April 2003, 02:49 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

With there only being one game out for the Xbox that uses the light gun I guess MS couldn't be arsed with the hassle of making one.
Old 07 April 2003, 03:09 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

If MS aren't doing one, then the Beretta looks a good bet

Whats the green one like ? Any problems ?
Old 07 April 2003, 03:49 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Its really cool, ok it looks like my sons water pistol but does the job and at £29.99 was good enough for me.
Right now does anyone know how I kill this bloody bloke on chapter five
Old 07 April 2003, 04:13 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

Curien will either start attacking you or spin his Wheel of Fate. If he attacks, his first attack pattern is to send horizontal bars of electrical energy at you. They seem to arc out from his body left and right slowly, then go wide to his sides before turning in your direction. When you see him starting to throw them, shoot all him at his sides to get rid of most of the electric bars as they come out. Once you stun him for the first time, Curien will go and "spin the wheel."

Spinning the Wheel of Fate is how Curien chooses his next attack. (and during this whole process, you can't damage him) When he's stunned, or some amount of time's passed by, he flies into a virtual "slot" in the background with his wheel laying vertically flat into it. From the wheel, a circle extends out that's divided into sections, each with a symbol/picture in it.
It's like looking at the Wheel of Fortune wheel, but with only 12 prizes.
There are 3 different symbols, repeated in 4 sets. (1 set in each quarter) Some electric bolts then extend from Curien's wheel - a few short ones and one long one. The result looks like a sword, but the purpose it serves is like a clock hand. Curien's wheel spins for a couple of seconds, and the symbol that the large bolt lands on represents the next attack.

- For the symbol with an "I" in the middle, he does the electric bars attack described above.

- There's symbol that looks like a heart. In this attack, Curien goes to the middle of the screen and moves further into the background than usual, then glows. After that, he slowly move straight towards you and through you.
Start shooting his chest the moment you see the red Boss bar start to fill up.
It should take 2 loads of shells to stun him. This is his easiest form to deal with, as all you need is to keep your aim steady and have a fast trigger finger.

- The third symbol looks like 3 stick people. Curien starts this attack by standing in the middle of the screen, then zooms in one direction and off. He returns and then go in another direction (usually opposite of the first). He comes back a 3rd time, but usually close to a corner of the screen and it's harder to hit him. On the 4th pass by, he'll go to the edge of the screen,
then turn and run into you from that side. (kinda like Magician after he teleports all around) This is the hardest of his sequences, because not only are you aiming at a moving target, but you also must shoot past his rotating wheel which provides him some cover. He doesn't necessarily fly in a straight line either - sometimes he goes in a slight curve, and others he'll do an
up-to-90 degree turn up/down.

When he loses about half of his health, the next wheel spin seems to end up on the borderline between 2 symbols. During this next attack, his wheel rotates all around him and generates spark *****. The ***** then separate from the wheel and he flies off the screen, while the ***** swoop one way and then come at you 2 or 3 at a time.

After he's stunned out of the spark-ball pattern, Curien will spin the wheel again, but this time the wheel doesn't stop. The outer wheel with the symbols fade away, and Curien and his wheel become gold in color. At this point, you may see the green Boss life bar fill all the way back up. Don't worry about this, as the green and red bars go down in the same proportion for this final phase of the fight. As for his last attack phase, he stays in one
spot and generates electricity. It appears you can hit his entire torso to do damage during this phase, so if tick-damage were to apply anywhere in this fight it would be here. When Curien shoots his electricity out, the screen turns to the right and the electric bolts hit the wall behind you. Each bolt gathers up into a spark ball that slowly comes your way, and there'll be LOTS
of them coming at you. If your trigger finger's tired by now, you probably won't manage to hit them all, but it should be manageable for 2 players.

A little note: even if you finish off Curien's energy bar, if he manages to shoot his sparks beforehand you MUST deal with them before the fight can officially end. This happened to me the first time I beat it, where the Boss bars were flashing and empty but the screen still shifted to the right and I got killed by the oncoming sparks. Had to waste a credit just to be alive
for when the screen shifted back to Curien, and then the ending began.
Old 07 April 2003, 04:14 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Simple
Old 07 April 2003, 04:37 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

I'm knackered just reading that, cheers mate
Old 07 April 2003, 09:25 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sega are developing the VirtuaCop series for the Xbox so there will be more oppo's to use the light gun

Old 08 April 2003, 11:12 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

God, I thought a light gun game might be easier for an old fart like me to play, point and shoot switch the brain off violence, but after reading that post I guess I'll never finish a video game

I mean there is lateral thinking and there is just impossible, how could anyone guess that that was the way to complete the level?????
Old 08 April 2003, 12:28 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Still cant kill the ****** and I am playing in two player mode (ok granted just me playing) but I have two guns and I am blasting him but he kills me...........right bugger this I'm off to the pub