Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any vbulletin Pros out there?

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2003, 01:31 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I would like to make a table, something like that looks like a small spreadsheet, in a vbulletin forum post.

Can someone tell me how I can do that? I have even been told that it isnt possible, but surely it is?

Thank you for your insight
Old 23 May 2003, 01:34 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do it in excel and do a screen shot.. (ALT+PrintScreen) paste into paint.. save...

David
Old 23 May 2003, 01:38 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I was thinking attaching an image in case I couldnt figure out how to do it...

Do you know for sure if I can make a table in vbulletin or not?
Old 23 May 2003, 02:08 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

You can if html is enabled in the forum you want to put the table into.

[Edited by Figment - 5/23/2003 2:08:47 PM]
Old 23 May 2003, 02:19 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

I presume this is the sort of thing you want to insert?

The html for this is
<html>
<body>
<table border="1" bordercolordark="#000000" bordercolorlight="#ffffff" cellpadding="5"><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" ><b>Min Posts</b></font></td><td align="center"><font size="1"><b>User Title</b></font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >1</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Newbie</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >51</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Wannabe</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >101</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Still got the brakes on</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >501</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">2nd Gear</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >1001</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Really Moving</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >1751</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Going for gold</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >2001</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">Star Player</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><font size="1" >5001</font></td><td align="center"><font size="1">!! Full House !!</font></td></tr></table>
</body>
</html>
Old 23 May 2003, 02:23 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

One thing to watch in vbulletin. If you enter the html code in the "traditional" indented line fashion, vbulletin will parse each carriage return / line feed in the code as a new line in the final output, so your table will lok nothing like you expect it too. To get around this, enter the html as one paragraph (as above)
Old 23 May 2003, 04:49 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Thanks Figment!

That's the sort of thing I want to do!

I got a friend to give me the html code (in the mean time, I have downloaded an HTML editor since I deleted MS Office from my PC) but it still shows like what you put above.

Why is that? Do I need to activate HTML code? It is "allowed in signatures" Is that the same as allowed in posts?

Thanks again for the help
Old 23 May 2003, 05:36 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

The forum administrator can enable/disable various features on a per forum basis. Just because HTML is enabled for signatures does not mean it will be enabled for forums, as they are all controlled individually.

Assuming the board has not been overly hacked, look at the bottom left hand corner of each forum page (not the index page) and you will see a table with the permissions for that forum.

It is fair to say the majority will have HTML disabled, mainly for security reasons.

If HTML is OFF, you will not be able to post the table, and the code you enter will appear in your post EXACTLY as you entered it (ie as above - it appears like that because Scoobynet has HTML disabled, if HTML was on in here, you would have seen my table as an image and in the post proper)

[Edited by Figment - 5/23/2003 5:38:03 PM]
Old 23 May 2003, 08:54 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Thanks Figment, that worked!

The thing is, the tables are misaligned with the code I was given...

Anyway, I'll make sure I give you a hug when I meet you LOL
Old 23 May 2003, 10:23 PM
Figment
Scooby Regular

Question

How do you mean the tables are misaligned?

Post the URL to the forum/thread/post and I'll take a look