Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

how to covert Mpeg2 to Mpeg1?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2003, 05:13 PM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello,

Just burnt a video file onto CD. However, it wont play on Windows media player and I dont think it will play on a DVD player (although I have not yet tried it)

I used Nero Burning Rom. When I compiled it, it warned me that the file was Mpeg2 instead of Mpeg1, and also that it was an "invalid video stream: 25 frames/second, 480 X 576 pixels"

It gave me the option to "re-encode this video file" but I chose to ignore it. It successfully burned the disc but it wont play, even though the file from which I burned it plays fine in Windows Media Player (although it wont let me fastforward/rewind).

Then I chose the "re-encode", option it doesnt seem to do anything, it doesnt burn the disc.

What do I need to do? Do I need to use a different burning program? I have others.

Please help

Cheers
Old 28 July 2003, 10:45 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get yorself a copy of tmpeg or dvd-lab. VCDs will need to vcd1.2 compliant to play on the majority of dvd players. frame rates, frame sizes, and audio streams (44khz IIRC) all need to be correct or else you are wasting your time and blank cd/dvd.

try here] for some good introductions to the world of video/dvd editing etc.

cheers

big sinky