Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

IE6 Switching connections....

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2003, 11:18 AM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have IE set to connect through ADSL - everything here is ok. However, I still have some email that I need to pick up through a dial-up, when I dial up IE suddenley decides to use this instead of ADSL. If I disconnect the dial up IE loses the page, when I refresh it returns - I assume via ADSL. I have the connections in IE to "never dial a connection", and nothing is ticked in the LAN settings.

Any Ideas?

cheers,

mike.
Old 12 August 2003, 11:31 AM
Figment
Scooby Regular

Check in Outlook / Outlook Express. You'll probably find that one or more accounts is set to "Always connect using" a particular connection. Changing this to use any available connection should cure it.

If the emails are from different service providers, you may experience problems sending mail on one account when connected via a different ISP. The suggestion I made here may work for you.
Old 12 August 2003, 11:37 AM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

When your dial-up connects it gets a new default route for IP traffic and any traffic is then sent over this link instead of the previous route via the ADSL. You disconnect and the new route is erased and the old one is used again.