Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sony Ericsson / Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2003, 10:41 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone set their PC up to communicate with their phone through bluetooth? I'm trying to do it and although my phone can see my computer and vice-versa, when I install the SonyEricsson software (to sync with Outlook etc.) the software can't see the phone, even though the computer can. Using the software that came with the bluetooth device I have managed to send some ringtones over but I want to get the proper SonyE software to work. I can't find any options within the SonyE software where you can specify how to connect to the phone (e.g. bluetooth, Ir, cable). I think the installation is dodgy as when I installed the XTNDConnect software it said "Setup is not complete, please reboot computer and rerun setup to complete installation". When I do this and rerun setup it says "There are pending system updates requiring your computer to be rebooted". So I do this, rerun setup and it just installs from scratch again [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Crap software! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Anyway, at least I've got Dr Dre on there now I just need to get some dirty wallpaper on there anyone use this software? Any ideas?

J
Old 23 October 2003, 10:46 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

I use cable to communicate with my pc.
Best place to go is Esato. There is a wealth of experience within the forums regarding connectivity issues.
Old 23 October 2003, 10:49 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I bought the T610 and a bluetooth dongle last week and am having the same problems. Fookin software that comes with it is next to useless. I just get an ActiveX error whenever I try to run XTNDConnect.

In the end I managed to connect to the phone using the software that came with the dongle and could see the sounds, pictures and themes folders. Managed to pull stuff to and from the phone ok.

What I wanted to do was transfer my numbers from my Nokia to the T610, which I ended up doing using my laptop and Infra-red, as the phone never got recognised by the software using bluetooth.
Old 23 October 2003, 10:51 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Wallpaper you sould be able to do fine. It just uses jpegs. I copied one from the phone to the PC to get the sizes and then created one, worked great Its the Outlook syncing I'd like to be able to do properly with bluetooth.
Old 23 October 2003, 10:54 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Loads of good software here too, like syncing without Outlook. Only I can't get it to work
Old 23 October 2003, 10:54 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Oh dear ...

4hr nightmare

Seems its not that easy for anyone.
Maybe we should thro the SE software away and use s/w provided with the bluetooth dongle.

Anyone with a bluetooth enabled pc/laptop having problems?
Old 23 October 2003, 12:50 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Don't get me started on this. I have lost count of the times I have tried to install the XTND software. Even the latest version 3.0a (patched) doesn't want to work. We've tried using a T68i and T610 with no luck.

The XTND software is probably the worst product I've tried to install. I've taken it off the PC now as it caused so many problems.

Chris

[Edited by Chris L - 10/23/2003 12:51:30 PM]
Old 23 October 2003, 11:43 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Phew! I thought it was just me being a numptie as usual.

I think I'll just persist with the dongle software for now. The SE disc came with a picture editor which is good for creating a wallpaper file from a jpg, just gotta work out how to send it to the phone without getting any errors now...

J