Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Telephone No, for dabs.com ??

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2003, 04:26 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to shout at someone about their useless ****ing website [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Andy
Old 23 October 2003, 04:51 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Note that because our service is fully automated, we do not have a customer services telephone desk. Customer services queries will be handled via email only.
Ahh ! that'll be why I cant find their telephone no, then.

I never thought buying something off that excuse for a website would cause so much frustration as I have had this afternoon. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

and to cap it all off, tomorrow, when it arrives it wont be what I ordered.... <shakes head in disbelief>

Andy

Old 23 October 2003, 04:52 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

why whats happened? ive never used dabs as i normally stick to the same couple of companies i always use
Old 23 October 2003, 04:53 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
web links
http://www.dabs.com/uk/contactus/
or

http://uk.pricerunner.com/retailer/359/

Now go and have a shout at them !!!
Old 23 October 2003, 05:11 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

did you get that...i think i messed up the links
but the second one definately has the head office numbers
Old 23 October 2003, 05:31 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Angry

where do you want me to start...

wanted to order a WD caviar 40 GB HDD
(selling my old pc to a family member)
Used his C/card (with his full authorisation)
on clicking add to basket the page would change saying
"you have not added anything to your basket" ???????

Ok maybe it's me, being a dim wit. try a further four times, approaching the "add to basket button from different angles (read pages)
Re-start pc, dial up and try again..
eventually get what I wnat into the basket.
continue through order and
SUBMIT
(after carefully checking what I had ordered as it's not my money)

Wait for the receipt page to load so I can print it off and give to owner of c/card...

what comes up on the receipt page is some pocket drive HDD @ £114 WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the HDD I ordered was £52:00

Ok no big deal I'll cancel it..... hmm where's the cancel button... nope have to use the help pages

still no joy.... ok I'll ring em........
FFS ! (see my last post)

Ok I'll have to e-mail em,
back through the contact us page which now gives me a box saying "an exeption has occured, there is no need to contact us as an engineer has been notified of the fault automatically"

click back.... page expired
starting to feel the need to punch something now...

home page > contact us...ahh some mail addys at last.

Click order enquiries... wite a simple note to say someones got something wrong. send

a few moments later I get an e-mail saying thank you for my order (saracastic ****ers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])

Ok I'll write a proper e-mail as well, to the link specified in that mail. (enquiries@dabs.com)

BOING !!! back comes that mail saying enquiries@beta.dabs.com failed ??? WTF i didn't send it to beta dabs.
checked the properties of the mail to make sureit did send where it was supposed to go and yes.... it did.
so manually typed it in.. and it bounced again.

So not only am I getting something I didnt order.
I cant call them because they dont do telephone convos
I cant mail them because there ****ing e-mail address is not valid.

I could quite easily shove that USB device up the delivery drivers rusty sheriffs star... but that would not help.. and it's not his fault !

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Andy
Old 23 October 2003, 05:35 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

nightmare! dont think i'l be using them then when i need something !
Old 23 October 2003, 05:36 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

cant u get 40g drives cheaper than that anyway?
Old 23 October 2003, 05:39 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

fuzz
read my post
numbers are there mate
Old 23 October 2003, 05:47 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Try ringing the internet inquiries No, then tony

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Andy
Old 23 October 2003, 05:54 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

overclockers have the same drive up for £47:59 but their postage is dearer...

Old 23 October 2003, 05:56 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

sorry fuzz, i didnt try them first
Old 23 October 2003, 06:11 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Oh dear... I've just found this on a customer review site !

-----------------------------------------
I've been a both a business and personal customer of Dabs for over 7 years spending literally tens of thousands of pounds over that period. I'd never had any real reason to deal with their customer services until recently where they've shown themselves to be very, very amateur indeed.

About a month ago I ordered an IDE hard drive. When it arrived, I found they'd sent me a serial ATA drive instead without even consulting me. It's pure luck that the system I was building had the appropriate interface to use this drive already. I never bothered about returning it because I had neither the time nor inclination to wait for a replacement. Everyone makes mistakes, and I thought no more of it, but I wasn't quite so lucky with my most recent order.

I ordered a flat panel monitor which arrived promptly, as have most things I've ordered from Dabs. Unfortunately, I wasn't at home when the delivery was made and a neighbour thought they were doing me a favour by signing for it. Alarm bells rang as soon as I saw the box, as it had an RMA number on it in big black marker pen (for those who don't know an RMA is a number Dabs use to track returned items). I didn't feel much better when I opened the box to find two delivery notes; my own one and one that was dated a fortnight previous for a completely different customer with a handwritten message stating the monitor was faulty! True enough, the monitor didn't work when I plugged it in. And quite apart from that it was missing cables, manuals, remote control etc. As if any more proof were required, I peeled back the address label on the box and found the address of the previous customer!

I'm aware Dabs do sell returned items for cut price after they've been refurbished, but I paid FULL PRICE for a BRAND NEW item! It's impossible to speak to anyone over the phone at Dabs, you only ever get a recorded message asking you to email them. So I emailed them asking for return instructions and pointing out that it's surely illegal to have sold me this broken, used monitor as being brand new and charging full price for it. It was all they could do to muster a one word apology of "sorry". The monitor was picked up by their carrier, as arranged, and a few days later I got an email saying that I'd been refunded because they had no more stock of the monitor. Stupidly, I never checked my credit card statement at the time to make sure they actually had, but I did note in the email they said they'd only refunded me the price I'd paid for the monitor, not the so-called 'handling charge'. So, I yet waste more time writing them an email asking under what circumstances they thought it was acceptable that a customer should be charged a handling charge for a botched order. They eventually agreed and refunded the few pounds handling charge too.

By this point I'm thinking my business may be better placed elsewhere... it's not like there's a lack of online computer suppliers in the UK. Anyway, it wasn't actually till a couple of weeks later when I was checking my credit card bill to see they actually hadn't refunded me for the monitor at all, they'd only refunded the handling charge. And, by this point, my credit card company had charged interest on the outstanding balance. So, yet again, I find myself chasing them via email for a refund.

For anyone remembers Dabs in the days when you could actually telephone them, their telephone-hold music was periodically interrupted with a recorded message telling you that "your custom is important to us... we appreciate you have a choice". I wonder at what point they stopped appreciating their customers, or realising that they DO have a choice?

In the past I would've been hard pushed to fault Dabs and would (and did) recommend them to friends and colleagues. I'll still tell friends and colleagues about Dabs in the future, but it certainly won't be favourable.

Andy
Old 23 October 2003, 06:34 PM
iDLe*
Scooby Regular

My boss stopped me ordering from Dabs, he still lets me order from PC World so that gives you an idea of how sh*te DABS can be!
Old 23 October 2003, 07:38 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I've bought and returned a few things from Dabs in the past with no trouble. I agree about the website the old one was much better and actually functional !

Recently I've been buying from Simply computers because they seem to be cheaper on most things now days. Also they have a store that you can actually visit rather than just dealing through e-mail. Another option is Watford electronics who also have a shop you can visit and are fairly cheap.