Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2003, 06:36 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I had an e-mail a few days ago which was spam/****, opened the e-mail to block the sender and its promtly downloaded all the crap to my desk top, ie, icons, paris hilton video, xox city, amazon and a bloody portal search thing.
I have tried everything to get rid but as soon as i dial up, it all pops back up on desk top!
Ive tried deleting internet files, program files, cookies, the lot but this **** keeps coming back.
Wouldnt mind if my media player worked and i could watch it but its just a pain in the **** and is seriously pissing me off!
Any suggestions people?
Old 30 November 2003, 06:45 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

I had similar problem with some other stuff, I sorted it by download spybot search and destroy and running that. You could also get zone labs firewall, as this will ask you what programmes are allowed to connect to the internet.
Old 30 November 2003, 06:56 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

if your running windows xp then do Start run.. msconfig, look at the startup tab and untick anything that looks dodgy - this may stop the stuff loading at startup etc..

deffo use spybot also as above
Old 01 December 2003, 09:52 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

There will most probably be stuff in your registry.

Use regedit and have a look in <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE><Software><Micr osoft><Windows><CurrentVersion>< Run> and remove any entries that shouldnt be there.

Dave