Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2003, 11:28 PM
max_power_vrmmm
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Im living in halls at my university and am using the broadband internet connection that they supply in my room. trouble is they have certain things blocked by a firewall. I have recently seemingly got kazaa to run using www.hopster.com (any one ever heard of it) and can log into yahoo, but im unable to view cams on yahoo, any one have any ideas how i could get round this?
Also do you know if the university techs will be able to see that i have bypassed there firewall? as i get it cut off if they find out but i like to mess.
thanx
Old 05 December 2003, 08:03 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Hi,

The only real way to get around this would be to have an externaly hosted machine that you tunnel too and "bounce" off.

Have a search around on google, Im sure there are apps out there, but you'll need a friendly host outside who'll give you the bandwidth from his server for free.

G'luck

Jules
Old 05 December 2003, 08:34 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Heh yeah B2Z good advice *looks at his brother and remembers when he was at Uni*

~Jules