Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DVD region changes on burning

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2003, 09:47 AM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bought a region 1 DVD from the USA and obviously it wont play on my Sony DVD without a chip replacement. DOH!!
Can you copy these onto a DVD-R removing the region code so it will play on a stand alone DVD player. I have Nero 6 software.
many thanks
Old 29 December 2003, 09:57 AM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Yes you can, you need DVD-Decryptor. it has the option to remove the region code whilst ripping. You need a region free dvd rom though, or a hacked firmware.
Old 29 December 2003, 10:03 AM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

Wink

All you need to change/remove the region protection is a little application called AnyDVD by Slysoft. All you have to do is have this application running while you copy the movie using say for example CloneDVD and it will remove any FBI warnings and region protection from the resulting "BACKUP".
Please purcahse a copy of this app from www.slysoft.com as It is very cheap and to give support to a company producting a very good piece of software.

[Edited by stiler83 - 12/29/2003 9:55:19 PM]
Old 29 December 2003, 10:19 AM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the answer. My PC plays it no problems so I guess later today I will be posting a big grin here. Thanks
Old 29 December 2003, 10:39 AM
BAH
Scooby Regular

other option is call DVDRegion free it removes the region and all the protection as it copyies.
Old 29 December 2003, 01:26 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Wrxmark; you might not be! Be aware that the firmware in virtually all recent DVD-ROMs allows the region setting to be changed five times; when you next inset a region 2 DVD you will be down to three more changes; possibly two as some devices count the original setting as change one. You may be able to find a utility that will help you to remove this, which is preferable to a firmware flash, in one of the sub-sites at www.digital-digest.com.

Simon
Old 29 December 2003, 02:18 PM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

Simon you are right. Yep for more changes and I`m locked so firmware search for me then
Old 29 December 2003, 05:43 PM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

Angry

Can anyone take me step by step through this cause I have been trying all afternoon and cant make a DVD without the bloody film cutting to " how we made it" almost every chapter. It seems that the backup cant distinguish the main. It plays both the extra and the film but the sound track is fine. Without editing every frame I cant paly the thing.AHHHHHHHH!!!!

This probably makes no sense at all but it does to me... sort of???

I am using DVD decrypt to seperate the DVD and Nero 6

[Edited by wrxmark - 12/29/2003 5:45:27 PM]
Old 29 December 2003, 05:51 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

dvdshrink
Old 29 December 2003, 05:59 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Mark; I'm writing something for you but its taking a while
Old 29 December 2003, 06:30 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Use DVDDecrypter in 'file mode' to rip the disc, leave all options as default. Then use DVD Shrink V.3_Beta to open the 'disc' from the directory on your fixed disc. If it is smaller than about 4,464 Mb then you can just press 'Backup' or you could use the 'ISO - Read' mode in DVDDecrypter to create an ISO image which most writing software (inc. DVDDecrypter; ISO-Write) can then write to disc. If you use the 'Backup' option then all permissions etc will be removed along with region coding, macrovision and CSS encryption. After the backup process has finished; go to the new directory and create a sub-directory called: 'VIDEO_TS' case sensitive, then edit > invert selection and cut & paste all of the .ifo .bup and .vob files into the VIDEO_TS directory. Now make a second sub-directory called: 'AUDIO_TS' again this is case sensitive. Open ImgTool V.90 and select the directory that you created/wrote your modified data to. In the 'Target File' box write the full path and the file to be created’s name remembering the .ISO file extension. This will create an ISO image as described above. If the DVD is over 4,464Mb, and it usually is, you have two choices: either ‘shrink’ the whole disc or ‘Re-author’ it removing some of the content. Shrinking is the default option in DVDShrink, the quality may well be OK but I wouldn’t recommend it, the advantage is that you keep all of the features and menus etc. Choose the ‘Re-author’ option and a new window will open similar to the one that you have currently. On the left of the first window select the main movie title, usually ‘Title One’ but not always, and drag this over to the left side of the second window, further titles ‘making of’ features etc can also be added this way. You can now minimise the first window. Un-check the boxes for all of the options that you want to delete; Hungarian subtitles; French 5.1 audio; Director’s commentary etc; I always remove DTS sound as I don’t have a DTS amp and it’s usually about 650Mb. If the size ends up at under 4,464Mb then you can ‘Backup’ as above; if not then I’d recommend ‘Analysis’. This deep analysis will give you a better quality picture where you have had to transcode (shrink) the data. After the deep analysis, ‘Backup’ as above and then make an image. You can get the three applications that you need: DVDDecrypter; ImgTool and DVDShrink (don’t use V2.3) from either www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org .

Who’s your Daddy ?
Old 29 December 2003, 06:31 PM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

Cheers DVD2one seems the only option to me at the moment
Old 29 December 2003, 08:06 PM
wrxsmo
Scooby Regular

Damn GC8 !!! You the Man
Old 29 December 2003, 09:35 PM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

You are the daddy dude. I have managed to get it done now by some Kazza magic and your instruction were spot on.
Old 29 December 2003, 09:57 PM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

If you use AnyDVD you do not need a unlocked/region free firmware. AnyDVD sits below the windows drivers and removes any protection on the fly.