Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sage Line 50

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2004, 10:37 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone use this?

My GF's dad has a problem with his. He inputted a load of (slightly back dated) monies in and out, and it was all there and showing. He knew it was in as he had no customers in the red.

However, he has come to use it today and a few of his customers are in the red. Upon investigation it seems a fair few months of transactions are not showing.

We tried restoring to a backup, to a time when we know it was showing. This made no difference. This lead me to beleive it was Sage, and the way it was displaying/calculating or something.

He just phoned me up to say he's fired the machine up again, and this time about 60% of the "missing transactions" have come back.

I have advised him not to input the remaining ones again, as it may well duplicate things which would be a nightmare.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on, he needs to get it all sorted before next Friday

Cheers,
Andy
Old 30 January 2004, 10:45 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Talking

Assuming your talking the Windows version;

I haven't got it in front of me at the mo, but when you have a list of say invoices on screen you can set a filter so that only certain invoices are shown in the list.

Trouble with this is;
  • Once set it stays on there till you remove it, even restarting the computer don't get rid
  • It is not obvious when you've got one set, I think you have to actually set one to tell

As I said I haven't got it in front of me so am not sure where or what exactly it is that is set, I just distinctly remember the boss (who is not overly bright when it comes to this stuff) complaining that the Sage on his computer had loads of stock items missing compared to the others, and it was this filter.

It's quite a sight actually, flaying his arms about, "Bloody Sage" etc etc etc

He felt quite stupid when he was shown what it was, even then "Somebody else must've set that"
Old 30 January 2004, 11:16 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I was thinking along those lines. I'll get down there tomorrow and try to find out.

Cheers!

Andy