Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

E-mail problems

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2004, 09:43 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-mail problems

From earlier this evening, my Virginnet e-mails won't download.

I had 6 mails when I logged on tonight, but Norton kept popping up and mentioning the MyDoom virus in some of them. Deleted all the mails, but now when I click on send and receive, it tries to get all the same mails again, but the same 2 always get through, then the next 1 in the line gets auto deleted by Norton, the Outlook Express says my connection with Virginnet was severed, so there are still mails in the pipeline. Next time I try, same again, same mails get through.

I've ran a full Norton check tonight, nothing found, and I've run the MyDoom fix, nothing found.

I have another mail account which I've received 1 mail on since this started, so could the problem be at Virgin's end?? It's a waste of time trying to use their "contact us" bit on their site, it never works for me.

Anyone any idea's.

Cheers,

Andy.
Old 05 February 2004, 09:50 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've sorted it.

Turned virus scanning of incoming mail off (risky I know). Downloaded all the mails in the pipe. Deleted them all, turned scanning back on, clicked on receive, all clear.

Phew.

Andy.