Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DELL DIMENSION 8300 HELP NEEDED.

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2004, 12:28 AM
phoenix1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELL DIMENSION 8300 HELP NEEDED.

HI, i have recently purchased a dell dimension 8300. the problem is it came supplied with an nec nd-2100a dvd+rw combo drive. i installed a pioneer 105 dvd-rw drive & dvd-rom drive from my other computer. the computer is reconizing the make of them but seems to be installing them as cd-roms. both the drives are set to the cable select jumpers on the back. both the drives sometimes lock up or won't burn or play. is it that the dell computer is only set up for the nec drive, i just don't know. anyone have any answers or had the same problem, any help would be appreciated.
THANKS.
Old 06 February 2004, 12:53 AM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenix1
HI, i have recently purchased a dell dimension 8300. the problem is it came supplied with an nec nd-2100a dvd+rw combo drive. i installed a pioneer 105 dvd-rw drive & dvd-rom drive from my other computer. the computer is reconizing the make of them but seems to be installing them as cd-roms. both the drives are set to the cable select jumpers on the back. both the drives sometimes lock up or won't burn or play. is it that the dell computer is only set up for the nec drive, i just don't know. anyone have any answers or had the same problem, any help would be appreciated.
THANKS.
i would change cable select and use master and slave on the jumpers, upgrade firmware on dvd drives, if they have it on pioneer not sure? I dont see how it can recognise them as cd roms as it wouldnt offer you any copying support if it did, i mean ur software would just say no drive available to burn to, where are you getting that info from?, it wouldnt try to burn to a cd rom! I would also consider updating mb bios to latest version, then get back if it still occuring.