Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Internet Explorer problem>>>

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2004, 03:01 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Internet Explorer problem>>>

I get the following message when accessing a lot of web pages: "this page provides potentially unsafe information to an ActiveX control...your current security settings prohibit running controls in this manner...as a result, this page may not display correctly".
It doesn't seem to prevent the page appearing, but I have to press <CR> every time.
It DOES seem to stop .pdf pages loading.

I've tried changing my security and privacy settings, but it made no difference. Any idea how I can stop the message?
Thanks.
Old 22 April 2004, 06:08 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Are you running NT4 ? - if you are the comcat.dll file has been replaced by a piece of software.

The later versions of comcat.dll are NOT supported by NT4 and you have to replace the newer comcat.dll file with an older version.

unfortuantely it is a bootdisk job as comcat is in use by Windows

Do a web search for comcat.dll & NT4 and it should point you in the right direction.

If you're not on NT4 then I dunno - but it may still be linked in some way.... as your error was IDENTICAL to the one I had.

had loads of PC's at work do this when a software package we use was updated - took me fookin ages to diagnose the fault!

HTH