Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2004, 10:15 AM
harrymonk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Help

I just had to format my hard drive and do a win xp re install, but when i connect to the internet via bt broad band my two pc screens in the task bar are constantley on, i ran spybot and imunised but now i cant use any windows programs it reads " this file does not have a programme to open it with ?" any help would be appriciated
Paul
ps
Cannot open any windows programmes ?

Last edited by harrymonk; 13 July 2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 13 July 2004, 10:49 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two pc screens in the taskbar can be turned off by going into Network Connections (its an option in My Network Places), right click and select properties for the LAN/High speed internet connection and unchecking the box which says 'show icon in notification area when connected'

The fact that you cannot open any windows programs is either a corruption in the registry, or you do not have the applications installed which read particular types of files. eg. you have tried to open a .xls spreadsheet file without having installed Microsoft Excel. Have you installed any other software other than Windows and Spybot ?