Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Php Nuke Security Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2004, 04:20 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Php Nuke Security Issues?

Hi all,

I run a small hosting and ecommerce consultancy company that knocks up the occasional website as well. I also have a few projects of my own under the banner of my hosting company and for one of these I had considered using PHP Nuke (As opposed to Php BB) but have been told by the upstream techies/hosts that Php Nuke has a major security flaw and that they are reluctant to support it.

When asked what the flaw was they seemed a bit vague except to say that all the major breaches of security on their servers recently had been via Nuke.

I'm pretty well versed with Php BB but Nuke gives me so much more functionality for the project I have in mind - does anyone else have any opinions on Nuke (Version 7.x) and the security issues? Is it safe? Should I stick with what I know (Php BB) and forget the improved functionality of Nuke?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Russ