Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT Openworld

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2004, 11:12 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BT Openworld

Fecking incompetant bunch of muppets

Moved house in June so did the whole home movers thing on their website as instructed.

Moved house taking USB modem etc with me assuming they would have sorted out the new service. Had they hell. Rang them up only to be told that the request hadn't been processed properly and they'd have to send someone back to the exchange to sort it out. Wait 5 working days.

Ring up again (after being on hold for 30 minutes) to be told that Billing have now cocked up and I need to wait another 5 working days for them to sort it out!

Ring up AGAIN to place my order, bloke takes details and reads them all back to me. No probs - light at the end of the tunnel you might think? Nah, 'cause they placed an order for my OLD FECKING ADDRESS

Cue waiting another 5 days for them to process the cease on this new order and place an order for my new address. At this point I've been without any sort of Internet access at home for nearly 2 months.

Service eventually provided at the beginning of August.

Spoke to the "Centre of Excellence Complaint Management Team" who assured me that the useless muppets in the call centre would be "dealt with" and have 2 months free broadband on us. Oh, and a cheque for £26.98.

Instead of doing this, they managed to cut off my service and send the cheque TO MY OLD ADDRESS. How fecking difficult is it?

Managed to get hold of the MD's email address (duncan.ingram@bt.net for anyone that's interested ) and it's now being dealt with by ANOTHER bunch of muppets. It would appear that someone "owns" your case - all very well until he f*cks off on holiday for two weeks.

Now left it with a couple of mates who work at the local BBC Radio station Can't be ar$ed to play BTs way any more.

So in short - stay away from BT Broadband. Completely useless bunch of muppets who couldn't organise a nun-shoot in a nunnery!

[/rant]

I feel better now
Old 24 August 2004, 11:16 AM
Prince Popeye
BANNED

Had similar problem to you when moving house. Took fecking months to get the service. Useless muppets
Old 24 August 2004, 01:33 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Just had Mark Pereira, the Product Development Manager on the phone.

Can't understand why is has been such an utter ball$ up, but at least appears to be doing something.

Apparently quite alot of it comes under Yahoos umbrella and is dealt with by them in Canada/L.A.

Am waiting to see what happens.......