Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

W40K - Dawn of War, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2004, 10:49 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up W40K - Dawn of War, anyone?

For any of you geeks out there who used to play Warhammer 40K table-top gaming, the PC version is out now.

Amazon are selling it for £18.99 !

I've never played strategy games on the PC, so I'm struggling with the tutorial but it looks pretty good so far. However, on my PC it runs on all the lowest default settings, so I may try and spice it up by upping some of the graphics as long as it doesn't knacker the speed too much.

Online play, etc.

Anyone else tried it?
Old 28 September 2004, 12:56 PM
SPelham
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Squizz
For any of you geeks out there who used to play Warhammer 40K table-top gaming, the PC version is out now.

Amazon are selling it for £18.99 !

I've never played strategy games on the PC, so I'm struggling with the tutorial but it looks pretty good so far. However, on my PC it runs on all the lowest default settings, so I may try and spice it up by upping some of the graphics as long as it doesn't knacker the speed too much.

Online play, etc.

Anyone else tried it?
Yep been playing it for the last couple of nights and am now starting to really get into it Seems to be a cross between starcraft (one of my all time favs ! ) and Total Annihilation.

I have my graphics settings all set to high and a resolution of 1280x1024 and the quality is excellent! Well worth buying imo if you liked starcraft back in the day.
Old 29 September 2004, 08:26 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

I've got to grips with the tutorial now. I'm planning to play it as all the races and see how they operate. How cool is it, creating Hellfire Dreadnoughts and laying down a barrage of missiles?!!?

It's a damn sight cheaper way of playing than buying and painting all the models like I used to years ago.

I've upped the graphic settings now and it still running as well as it did before, so I'm really pleased. We need to tell someone to make a full length feature in the style of the intro - Probably the best CGI stuff I've seen since Final Fantasy!