Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

B Band Migration

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2005, 11:42 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B Band Migration

Anyone done this and had an "invalid" MAC code/key??

I am attempting to go from Wanadoo to BT and I am getting arsed about something chronic. Wanadoo and BT are blaming each other.

Please help.
Old 24 March 2005, 11:50 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

They should give you a MAC code that's valid for 28 days so the migration can go through.
Old 25 March 2005, 07:39 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Angry ***** up

The code Wanadoo gave me, BT say is invalid and Wanadoo say it is ok. BT say it is Wanadoo's fault and Wanadoo say it is BT's fault.

The code is generated by BT Wholesale, I have rang both companies three times to try and get to the bottom of this and I am stuck with an invalid code and have to wait 30 days for this code to expire before BT Wholesale will generate another code.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone to BT Broadband last night and they were 100% adamant I should go back to Wanadoo and tell them to contact BT Wholesale as they are the only one's who can discuss the "code". I rang Wanadoo who told me my code IS valid and it is a problem with BT's end. What a ***** up.

The reason for migrating is that your connection is on pretty much all the time, if I just cancelled I would lose my connection for approx 3 weeks.