Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Doom 3 Xbox live

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 02:01 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Doom 3 Xbox live

So I got an xbox a couple of years ago and it sat gathering dust, I would play on it now and again, I would pop round to a mates house where he would be playing on his so then I would get my gaming head on and hit mine at home for the next fortnight!!

That was untill xbox live arrived at christmas Halo 2 was simply amasing being able to talk to team mates while playing was the t*ts and not having to just play the computer was even better!

I thought that Halo2 was unbeatable..........................

Then Doom3 arrived omfg!!!

I have spent every night running around blurry eyed playing the live co-op mode with a fellow scoobynetter essbon, if you liked the original doom you will love this!!!!

At certian doors when playing together you need your mate with you to scan PDA's together to get the doors open (cool!) and you can even play arcade machines dotted around the levels!!

The 5.1 sound is out of this world with zombies etc wispering from your surround sound speakers, it really is proper gripping and at time s**t scary!!

certian levels are in almost complete darkness which means one of you needs to hold the torch while the other holds the gun (proper co-op mode!)

so if you own an xbox you need xbox live!!!!!!

Then you must go and buy doom3 it must be the most fun I have ever had from a console!!!

please forgive me if there are better PC games on the market but for a console this s**t rocks!!!!!

Ads (looking forward to tonights mayhem! )

Last edited by specialx; 21 April 2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 21 April 2005, 02:09 PM
Rags
Scooby Regular

Got to agree on how good Doom3 is !

Play it with a mate here in america with the strict rule it is after 10pm and the lights are off.. **** me its a scary game!!

But for multiplayer online you cant beat Splinter Cell Chaos theory Spies v Mercs. that game is the t*ts. Only problem is you need 4 people to play.

Best part is if you stun a spy and knock him to the floor you can talk to him before killing him

" better luck next time mother f&cker, come back when your actually any good biatch!!"
Old 21 April 2005, 02:19 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rags
Got to agree on how good Doom3 is !

Play it with a mate here in america with the strict rule it is after 10pm and the lights are off.. **** me its a scary game!!

But for multiplayer online you cant beat Splinter Cell Chaos theory Spies v Mercs. that game is the t*ts. Only problem is you need 4 people to play.

Best part is if you stun a spy and knock him to the floor you can talk to him before killing him

" better luck next time mother f&cker, come back when your actually any good biatch!!"

lol lights off is must and if you have one turn up your subwoofer for extra pounding erieness!(sp?)

I will try splinter cell and get back to you

ps if you fancy a game my tag is "specialx UK"

Ads
Old 21 April 2005, 03:29 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

have been playing it on the pc and was wondering whether to get it for xbox too. i tend to play it in the dark but even with the lights on its scary. the pcs in the spare room with my back to the door. its the only game that makes me jump when the missus comes in to talk to me
Old 21 April 2005, 08:08 PM
RB5201
Scooby Regular

Agree, only played xbox once in a while, never really thought live would be that good, but bought it when it was 19.99 at game, now wish Id bought it earlier, Halo2 fantastic, play with the same bunch of guys, and a couple of girls as often as the girlfriend allows. Only got doom3 yesterday, not played it live yet, got chaos therory to but only played that once and got whipped. GT RB5201 if you fancy a game sometime.
Old 22 April 2005, 01:33 PM
Rags
Scooby Regular

Well the time difference makes it a pain in the *** during the week. but at weekends i should be around. Il add you to my friends list.

My tag is rags47.

Got these aswell

Halo 2
PGR2
RSC2
Splinter Cell - Pandora Tommorow
Fifa 05
Tiger Woods 05
Burnout 3

In the Splinter Cell Games you can play with 2 but the maps are so big that its so hard for the Merc if it isnt 2 on 2.

RB5201

Il add you aswell mate. do you mean you went online with 3 other dudes and got hammered? or in the single player?

Last edited by Rags; 22 April 2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Didn't read all the posts!
Old 24 April 2005, 12:35 AM
RB5201
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rags

RB5201

Il add you aswell mate. do you mean you went online with 3 other dudes and got hammered? or in the single player?
Got whipped online, doing ok in the single player, nearly finished it. Got a few other games same as you, Halo2, PGR2, burnout 3, FIfa2005. May be on for a bit sunday evening if I get the chance.

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2005, 01:41 PM
dogboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5201
Agree, only played xbox once in a while, never really thought live would be that good, but bought it when it was 19.99 at game, now wish Id bought it earlier, Halo2 fantastic, play with the same bunch of guys, and a couple of girls as often as the girlfriend allows. Only got doom3 yesterday, not played it live yet, got chaos therory to but only played that once and got whipped. GT RB5201 if you fancy a game sometime.
Erm rich you better practice a little first m8. After i whipped your butt last time on FIFA i thought you would give up the Xbox .....keep trying m8 LOl
Old 10 May 2005, 04:12 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

i'll kick all your asses.....if only i can work out how to connect to live