Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Annoying problem

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2005, 10:09 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Angry Annoying problem

I've picked up a new problem on my poxy pc, difficult to explain..

The current window I'm using keeps being stopped or something, about every 30 secs. When browsing the net and using the roller ball on the mouse suddenly it will stop scrolling down and you have to click on the page again to carry on, 30 secs later it'll stop again. At the same time the window border at the top will go white (like another window is in use) Also when typing it does it too, for instance typing this now I keep getting the doing! windows noise and look up from the keyboard to find it's stopped typing what I am and the window is low lighted and I have to click on the window to start typing again.

I've run spyware detctors, antivirus etc and nothing seems to get rid. I have had some poker icon appear on the desktop which keeps coming back too.
Old 04 June 2005, 09:38 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I've picked up a new problem on my poxy pc, difficult to explain..

The current window I'm using keeps being stopped or something, about every 30 secs. When browsing the net and using the roller ball on the mouse suddenly it will stop scrolling down and you have to click on the page again to carry on, 30 secs later it'll stop again. At the same time the window border at the top will go white (like another window is in use) Also when typing it does it too, for instance typing this now I keep getting the doing! windows noise and look up from the keyboard to find it's stopped typing what I am and the window is low lighted and I have to click on the window to start typing again.

I've run spyware detctors, antivirus etc and nothing seems to get rid. I have had some poker icon appear on the desktop which keeps coming back too.
Sounds like adware software has attacked your IE. I know you have tried spyware detectors, but have you tried the Microsoft one? As this picks up and removes most of this as well as sorting out adware on IE. Also have you tried downloading and using the google tool bar for IE? As this also has a pop blocker. I take it you are up-to-date with your windows update? And have IE 6 sp2 installed if using win XP.
Old 04 June 2005, 11:21 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I did have the microsoft one but removed it as I thought it wasn't brilliant.

I have 3 spyware progs.. spyware doctor, adaware and spy sweeper. I also have the google tool bar.

I haven't updated windows since I've had the pc, when I tried it on my laptop it took forever and then messed it up so I just leave it now
Old 04 June 2005, 10:10 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I did have the microsoft one but removed it as I thought it wasn't brilliant.

I have 3 spyware progs.. spyware doctor, adaware and spy sweeper. I also have the google tool bar.

I haven't updated windows since I've had the pc, when I tried it on my laptop it took forever and then messed it up so I just leave it now

I know this sounds a bit extreme but it may be worth a fresh re-install of Windows and then update it.

What spec is the PC your running on? And which O/S are you running?
Old 04 June 2005, 10:16 PM
scoobyangel
Scooby Regular

you arnt by anychance running "odigo" messenger thing are you?? because that makes IE do that too!