Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Linux Fedora Core 3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2005, 08:29 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Linux Fedora Core 3 Questions

Chaps,

Now taking the plunge and installing FC3 onto a dedicatd box on my home network. I plan to use FC3 as my OS of choice across the whole network once I get to know it and its capabilities better, replacing Windows XP which I am looking forward to moving away from.

I have searched this forum for answers to the questions below and haven't seen what I am looking for. Essentially:

- What utility do I use for playing music/mp3's and where can I obtain a copy? I also need a tool for writing to CD's, say the Linux equivalent of Nero.
- Same question, but for DVD viewing and authoring/writing, and again for picture viewing/editing?
- I am looking for a Windows emulator or better so I can run a couple of essential Windows based :up: programmes within Linux. Suggestions please.
- How do I manage a raid array within Linux?
- Virus & data protection: Happy to use the firewall security within Linux, linked to my dedicated hardware firewall running ipCop, but any suggestions I should be aware of? In particular what should I use as a virus tool that's similar to (or better than) Norton's Utilities (protection is the most important issue to me).

I know most of you have seen all this before. However I'm new to Linux and I am anxious to get it right first time so your expertise and patience is valued/much appreciated.

By the way, I want to do as much as possible using gui, rather than command line (quicker for me, I want to be up & running pretty quickly, don't want to get **** about low level command line instructions unless absolutely necessary).

Many thanks

WB
Old 06 June 2005, 12:10 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

42 views, no inputs?