Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

how do i resize text/web page to fit in my window?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2005, 02:40 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i resize text/web page to fit in my window?

it's all going wrong today, turn on the computer and things have gone **** up overnight

everythings gone big and a web page doesn't fit in the window, i have to scroll along to view the whole thing.

how do i get it to fit? tried downsizing the text but that didn't work.

the axe is out and the clocks ticking.
Old 05 June 2005, 03:05 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
it's all going wrong today, turn on the computer and things have gone **** up overnight

everythings gone big and a web page doesn't fit in the window, i have to scroll along to view the whole thing.

how do i get it to fit? tried downsizing the text but that didn't work.

the axe is out and the clocks ticking.
Have you tried in Internet explorer the following:

Click the 'View' pull down 3rd from right on the top of Internet explorer. Then select 'Text Size' and then choosing Medium.

Either that or try changing the Desktop size by right clicking on the Windows desktop selecting 'Properties' and then settings. You may be in 640x480 mode. Try either 800x600 or even 1024x768.
Old 05 June 2005, 03:17 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
Have you tried in Internet explorer the following:

Click the 'View' pull down 3rd from right on the top of Internet explorer. Then select 'Text Size' and then choosing Medium.

Either that or try changing the Desktop size by right clicking on the Windows desktop selecting 'Properties' and then settings. You may be in 640x480 mode. Try either 800x600 or even 1024x768.
tried both and no joy, text size is already in medium. 640x480 setting fills the screen, altering that just makes a smaller window that i can't read.

it just looks about 50% to big for the window, right now if i scroll up i can only see 'pri' of the private maessage text.

all the icons have gone mis-shapened aswell?

seems that all the settings have been altered as nothing looks the same as when i turned off. my picture on the desktop was all blotchy looking and i had to alter the colours in settings to make it clear. now it looks ok, just way too big.

if someone has the time could they send me the setting/figures and fonts of the options in 'display properties' 'appearance' for windows 98, as i've been ******* around with these for an hour now so i can actually read things, but i'm nowhere near what it was before.

did i mention i ******* hate computers?

Last edited by hoskib; 05 June 2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05 June 2005, 03:22 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

tried both and no joy, text size is already in medium. 640x480 setting fills the screen, altering that just makes a smaller window that i can't read.

it just looks about 50% to big for the window, right now if i scroll up i can only see 'pri' of the private maessage text.

all the icons have gone mis-shapened aswell?

seems that all the settings have been altered as nothing looks the same as when i turned off. my picture on the desktop was all blotchy looking and i had to alter the colours in settings to make it clear. now it looks ok, just way too big.
Windows hasn't put your graphics card into safemode? Check your devices and see if there is a problem with your Graphics card. (right click the 'My Computer' Icon, left click 'properties'. Left click 'Hardware' Tab. Left click 'Device Manager'. If you see a yellow ! next to the graphics card then windows has a problem with it).

Also try downloading and installing a newer Graphics card driver.

If it's an nvidia:

www.nvidia.com

If it's an ATI:

www.ati.com
Old 05 June 2005, 03:43 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
Windows hasn't put your graphics card into safemode? Check your devices and see if there is a problem with your Graphics card. (right click the 'My Computer' Icon, left click 'properties'. Left click 'Hardware' Tab. Left click 'Device Manager'. If you see a yellow ! next to the graphics card then windows has a problem with it).

Also try downloading and installing a newer Graphics card driver.

If it's an nvidia:

www.nvidia.com

If it's an ATI:

www.ati.com
only thing with a yellow! next to it is mass storage device. does this mean anything?
Old 05 June 2005, 08:00 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

only thing with a yellow! next to it is mass storage device. does this mean anything?
Could be. Depsends if the mass storage device is conflicting with teh graphics card settings. Do you have anything external plugged in via USB or Firewaire ports? If so try disconnecting it. Apart from that it wouldn't hurt to download and install a new Graphics driver for your card. And try that.