Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How do I get rid of saved web addresses...

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 08:50 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get rid of saved web addresses...

When I log onto the internet at work in my profile, i hit the pulldown on the front page and I am presented with a list of recent sites visited. Can I get rid of this?
Also when I start typing in, say a Google search, the system trys to predict what I am going to type using my past search data. Can this be reset too?

ta

Nick
Old 13 July 2005, 09:02 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skoobidude
When I log onto the internet at work in my profile, i hit the pulldown on the front page and I am presented with a list of recent sites visited. Can I get rid of this?
Also when I start typing in, say a Google search, the system trys to predict what I am going to type using my past search data. Can this be reset too?

ta

Nick
Easy peasy. Using internet explorer right?

Click on Tools>internet options

Under the 1st tab called "General" you will see a box called "History" First of all click the button to clear history, then reduce the amount of days to keep the history to zero.

Next click the tab button at the top to "Content" and under "personal information" click the buttons for "clear forms" & "clear passwords" then uncheck all the boxes for autocomplete.

Next, click on the "Advanced" tab. Uncheck the box marked "Use inline autocomplete"

Job done. Don't forget that you will also need to ampty the cache and if its a work computer is it really worth losing your job to be looking at "unauthorised" pages?

Mines a pint.