Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

McAfee antivirus

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 03:44 PM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McAfee antivirus

Have McAfee Security Centre running and every time Windows XP loads the Logitech diNovo software, it keeps asking if I want to allow the script to run. Same happens with some HP software.

Obviously I click the only option suitable, which is allow this time, but the next time I load up it asks again. It's a pain the ****, particularly if I leave the computer immediately after pressing power on.

Anyone know of a way to permanently allow programs to run scripts?
Old 13 July 2005, 09:45 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drjsd
Have McAfee Security Centre running and every time Windows XP loads the Logitech diNovo software, it keeps asking if I want to allow the script to run. Same happens with some HP software.

Obviously I click the only option suitable, which is allow this time, but the next time I load up it asks again. It's a pain the ****, particularly if I leave the computer immediately after pressing power on.

Anyone know of a way to permanently allow programs to run scripts?

Not sure about this version, but on the corporates you can create exclusions so the files are not scanned for viruses...u tried looking at the help files?
Old 13 July 2005, 11:36 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

The only things you can do are either turn off Scriptstopper in VirusScan Advanced options or have a go at Logitech for writing a dodgy looking script.
Old 14 July 2005, 08:38 AM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Hello James

Yeah McAfee can be a real pain a far as what it considers a dangerous script. As the two guys said above really. You should be able to create a rule for scripts, otherwise the only other option is to turn off the feature, which could leave you open.

Not had much chance with the boards yet, got the older one powered up, but it was a little bit too slow for Linux Mandrake. I going to try the other board with an AMD athlon and some memory, both quite cheap to source and see what happens.

Cheers

Iain
Old 14 July 2005, 11:46 AM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

"Reworded" my search of the McAfee help "center" and finally found something relevant. Basically, there is no way of allowing the script all the time, although it is something they are "looking in to".

Cheers guys!

And Iain - sorry to hear it was too slow, not sure how long I'd had the board for. Hopefully the other one will be fine!