Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

tomtom help

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2005, 10:33 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tomtom help

right i've downloaded the speed camera database but obviously it wont transfer the whole file as i've still got the original card and the file is to big even after deleting all the foreign voices. can any one name the specific files and talk me through how to install them i've had a go but didn't seem to work for some reason.
Old 15 August 2005, 08:15 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Need for info chap - spec of tomtom (must be 300 or 500), and what exact problems you have - where have you been copying the files to (ie which folder) ?

Andy
Old 15 August 2005, 09:30 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

it's a 300 and i down loaded the database and opened the file and found a file called "speedzoned" and in that was gatso and mobile files which contained another 2 files for each. i connected the tomtom and basically dragged the speedzoned file to the tomtom icon opened it up and put it in the map of gt britain folder which i think is where it has to go. but if i preview a route where i know is a speed camera it doesn't show it on the tomtom what am i missing?
Old 16 August 2005, 01:37 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Fella

You did all OK - however, you need to first go to the POI folder and make these folders (which will now appear in the list) as being shown on the route - like you would do with petrol stations etc. Then, if you want to, you can set an alert for when you are coming across these as well (this is a separate action to do). It will ask you how many yards away - 500 is a good way, and I use alert 5 (an air raid siren) as it's loud enough to be heard over music.

As long as you tell Tomtom to show these POI you will be OK. Andy
Old 16 August 2005, 08:46 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

still no luck if i go in to the manage poi icon then select add poi it comes up with the speed camera category, so so far so good i think so i select the speed camera category and it takes me to a add as poi menu i select the poi icon which then brings up some icons of which the speed camera icon is there but when i select it it says no poi found where am i going wrong?