Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

psp software ??

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 07:47 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default psp software ??

Okay folks looking for a bit off advice on the following - have just purchased a new jap spec firmware version 2.0 psp unit, obviously want to downgrade the firmware to the 1.50 version to make the most off this particular firmwares benefits.
so okay having loooked on ebay under psp software the choice is making me more confused by the minute, basically what software do I require to transfer the games from disc to memory card ?? heard off one piece off software known as fastloader - is this exactly what I require and if so what particular version ?? is there any other particular software I will deffinately require to get me up and running ??

any help / advice appreciatted.

cheers,
john
Old 05 April 2006, 09:22 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

psp-hacks.com
Old 06 April 2006, 11:28 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay folks looking for a bit off advice on the following - have just purchased a new jap spec firmware version 2.0 psp unit, obviously want to downgrade the firmware to the 1.50 version to make the most off this particular firmwares benefits.
so okay having loooked on ebay under psp software the choice is making me more confused by the minute, basically what software do I require to transfer the games from disc to memory card ?? heard off one piece off software known as fastloader - is this exactly what I require and if so what particular version ?? is there any other particular software I will deffinately require to get me up and running ??

any help / advice appreciatted.

cheers,
john
You just need a usb cable to transfer the ISO images from your PC to the PSP.If you then put the PSP into USB transfer mode (Can't remember the exact terminology) you should see the memorystick in the PSP as a "Removable disk" in windows explorer.

Fastloader is the utility you need to load ISO images from the memorystick. The version I have on mine is 0.8c plus I also have UMDEmulator.
When you get your memorystick (1gb or 2gb) it's best to format it inside the PSP and and then create the relevant folders required by either UMDEmulator or Fastloader (There will be a readme file with each program that tells you what folders need to be created and where to create them)

Good luck

Nick
Old 06 April 2006, 12:34 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys