Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Activesync help please

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2006, 09:03 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Activesync help please

Any Activesync experts out there ?

Switched on the PDA tonight and found it was dead, I could only bring it back to life by putting it on the charger, however it has completely reset itself.

Not a problem I thought, I'll restore it with the last backup and re-sync it with the PC to put the contacts/calendar correct.

The last backup on the PDA was about 4 months ago, so the calendar/contacts has changed a lot. Completed the restore and connected to the PC and let activesync do it's thing.

Unfortunately it decided to sync the PC to the PDA which was the wrong way round , so now both are wrong.
I tried a restore on the PC but it didn't put the contacts/calendar back.

I also sync with my PC at work, presumably I could sync the PDA to that and then re-sync the home PC. How do I stop the work PC from also sucking in the wrong calendar/contacts.

I've checked Activesync and can’t see how you control in which direction the update flows.

Cheers
Allan
Old 17 August 2006, 07:30 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumpety bump