Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Infostealer.Banpaes problem

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2006, 09:07 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Infostealer.Banpaes problem

My home PC got infected last night and the Norton Antivirus alert flashes up. I click ok on the alert and almost immediately the same message appears, click ok and the same alert pops up again.

I ran a full scan with Norton, a full scan with NOD32, a full scan with Adaware and a full scan with Zonealarm and the alert keeps appearing. Norton and NOD32 removed some infected files but the Norton alert keeps appearing.

The other problem is that I cant connect to the internet anymore to update the virus libraries. I'm at work now and have searched for other software that may remove the problem and I've downloaded X-cleaner.

Anyone had a similar problem and sorted it out. This is really doing my head in now and I'm at the end of my PC knowledge to remove this trojan.
Old 08 September 2006, 09:15 AM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

Norton won't do it automatically - but here are their instructions for manual removal:-

http://www.symantec.com/security_res...634-99&tabid=3

Good luck!

Pete
Old 08 September 2006, 03:37 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Cheers Pete, the computer is being looked at as we speak with a print out of the link you provided. Fingers crossed its fixable