Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

email problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2006, 09:01 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email problem ??

Recently purchased a new pc and have just recently set it up, having problems with sending emails that contain say a link to a website, for instance if I am on a site and I click to " send link by email " the email will not be fully sent before it will stop and report a message such as " 550 error message content rejected " have also noticed before that when attempting to send certain attatchments with emails say a photo that the same thing will happen but will get a message saying something along the lines off " message stopped by spamtrap "

now as I say its not as if the message is actually getting to the persons inbox before being rejected the message is being stopped my end before even being sent.the person I was sending it too never had any anti spam settings in place either

am using outlook express 6 and my provider is wanadoo broadband, as far as I know there are no anti spam facilities set up on my pc, have turned a/v off incase this was the problem but still nothing.

strange thing is that 95% off other attatchments can be sent just these web links and occasionals photo attachments that I am having problems with - anyone suggest anything ??
Old 17 September 2006, 08:28 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Anyone ??!!
Old 19 September 2006, 12:52 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Anyone hazzard a guess for me really has got me stumpped ??!!

whay cant I send web site link attachments with my emails ??
Old 19 September 2006, 08:12 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Can you send them as plain ascii e-mail, rather than html ?
Old 19 September 2006, 09:03 AM
sienar33
Scooby Regular

http://www.spamtrap.net.au/

Well a Google search found the above.
Old 20 September 2006, 08:51 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightning101
Can you send them as plain ascii e-mail, rather than html ?
Okay mate youve kinda lost me there !!! I click on file at the top off webpage, send, link by email.

I notice that within the outgoing email that there is a message at the bottom saying that certain file attachments in outgoing / incomming emails may be blocked to prevent virus and to check email security settings.

any idea what I need to check / uncheck in my email settings if indeed this is what is preventing me sending these web page links ??

I mentioned spam trap, not sure where this comes into it ?? am sure I have not got anything like that set up but this once did appear on one off the error messages ??

cheers
Old 25 September 2006, 07:21 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Starting to notice that I am getting quite a few emails sent back as not delivered now and also seems there can also be a delay off a day or so in some cases for my emails to get thru to the receiving end.

using wanadoo broadband.never had any problems before with this sort off thing with my old w98 computer but just seems to have started since installing this new pc ??!!

anyone suggest anything ??