Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Belkin/Netgear wireless modems

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2007, 07:21 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belkin/Netgear wireless modems

Up until this afternoon I Had a Belkin G+ Mimo wireless modem/router and a Belkin G+ Mimo notebook card for the laptop.

Started to have some bother getting onto internet sites with only one or two sites being available to me. E-mail was fine though.. Crux of the matter is i couldn't get it cured, so now have a Netgear DG834GT modem/router to try.

Before i open the box and give it a go, will i be able to use the G+ Mimo notebook card with the Netgear modem or do i have to change that as well? (I'm optimistic that another modem/router might actually work.... )

Is the Netgear stuff any good?
Old 28 January 2007, 09:15 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

what isp are you with??

Netgear is better than Belkin anyday but I can't vouch for the enhanced super range booster stuff. At worst you may to revert back to the good old G standard if they are incompatible (not sure on that one)

I'd imagine netgears own brand would work better but try it with that first and see how you get on

did you try the sites using good old network cable????
Old 28 January 2007, 10:20 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I'm with Orange.

Believe me when i say i've tried everything!

If i revert to the original supplied copperjet modem (a hardwired modem, non wireless), internet and email work fine (of a fashion), it's just that i needed a wireless router to allow internet access on a laptop.

The Belkin did work for a little while (on the desktop pc), then gave up allowing me access.
That normally would point to something other than the modem/router but there's been a lot of water passed under the bridge since that point, even down to formatting the desktop PC and starting all over again, but to no avail. Have been on the phone to Belkins helpline as well and they're stumped, so another make of modem/router is the next option, hence wondering if i need another notebook card or can i use the Belkin notebook card that's in the laptop?