Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Linux MCE DVD Problem

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2007, 09:35 PM
John@TunerUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linux MCE DVD Problem

I now have a second machine with Linux MCE installed, but I've experienced a problem during DVD playback.

When first installed I was required to install DVDCSS, so that encrypted DVD's would play, and after this they would play as expected in Xine, no problems whatsoever.

However, in Linux MCE I should be able to put a DVD in, and leave it to autoplay, which it does, but with audio only. The screen goes completely blank.

On one DVD I have been able to view the DVD menu, but upon selecting 'Play Movie' the screen yet again goes blank, but audio works just fine.

I have tried the Linux MCE forums, but there seems to be a lot of unanswered questions on there, and mine seems to have joined the pile, so any help is greatly appreciated.

System:
Abit AN-M2HD Motherboard (On-board GeForce 7050PV/nForce 630a)
AMD Dual Core 4200+
1Gb DDR2 Ram
500Gb SATAII Samsung Spinpoint HDD

Connected to a plug and play LCD via VGA
Old 22 September 2007, 12:55 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I blame you.. I read an earlier post, and now seem to be buying a new machine to use as a core, due to linux mce / pluto home, and to be fair I havent tried dvd playback yet..

will let you know how I get on.
Old 22 September 2007, 08:58 PM
John@TunerUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes mate, let me know. I may try a fresh install to see if that fixes things.
I've since played with it a bit more, and found that the dvd is actually playing video, but on the kubuntu desktop, NOT in linux MCE!
If I go to the desktop, there's a tab entitled 'pluto-xine-playback-window'
Click on that, and voilla, there's the video. Not really problem solved though, I'd like to get it working as it should be