Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Printers / scanners - which one ???

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2007, 06:07 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printers / scanners - which one ???

Okay after a new printer / scanner, just not sure what to buy thou ??!! having looked thru ebay there seems to many different ones available that I am just that bit confused by it all !!

obviously want replacment ink cartdridges to be as cheap as possible and not be in a posistion as my last printer that if one colour ran out then you had to replace the whole colour catridge. have ruled out Lexmark printers as I see that the price off replacmentt ink is very expensive, last printer was by epsom which was good in that you could purchase replacment ink at say three catridges for around a tenner, not sure on cannon printers and there ink costs, anyone advise ??

I see that some printers now have a scanner / copier all built into the one unit, bit confused as to what the difference between a scanner and a copier is thou ??!! surely they both do the same thing do they not ??

anyone know of any particularly good deals on just now for a all in one scanner / printer and copier please do let me know but again the importance off relativly cheap ink replacments is off prime importance !!!
Old 24 September 2007, 06:29 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Black & white Laser - HP3050

Very good VFM
Old 24 September 2007, 08:29 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

I have a HP Laserjet as a stand alone printer on my desk and I have given it some real stick and it has been faultless. IIRC printer was £65.00

T
Old 24 September 2007, 09:04 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A scanner/copier is pretty much the same they list it seperately so it seems like it has 101 features.

I've got the epson dx4050 printer / scanner, cost around £40-£45, print quality is decent altho it eats thru ink at a rediculous speed and it uses the new "+" cartridges which cost around £13 for a set of compatibles (3 seperate colours and 1 black)

I didnt really buy it for the scanner but i have tried it and quality is excellent.