Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need a new supplier

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2007, 07:24 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need a new supplier

Never had a problem with ebuyer but the local Citylink branch has gone down the toilet so need a new supplier. Have tried Dabs but they use Amtrak who couldn't find my house, then when Dabs would not refund my postage i closed my account.

So where is reliable for PC components, must be reasonably priced, reliable and offer next day delivery.
Old 25 September 2007, 07:32 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

computer hardware, components, systems and peripherals at the lowest prices from IT supplier Aria Technology

Overclockers UK

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Old 25 September 2007, 07:54 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

Overclockers and Scan seconded. Especially Overclockers, great service every time
Old 25 September 2007, 08:43 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Overclockers use Citylink as do Scan.
Old 25 September 2007, 09:02 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D16GER
Overclockers and Scan seconded. Especially Overclockers, great service every time
I take it you mean overclockers postal and not the shop, as the counter service is absolutly shocking, i live a couple of miles away and have ordered mailorder from them before as its quicker and easier than buying from the shop.

I can second scan, bought a few things and had no troubles with them. Cant remember which postal company they used, aria were ok but i think they use citylink also.
Old 26 September 2007, 07:20 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Aria & OCUK as well as cclonline.com - PC Pro Online Retailer of the Year 2006

As for Citylink, I work for a mail order company. Citylink are by far one of the best couriers we have used. Yes OK, they screw up from time to time, but it's substatially less than DHL, Parcleforce, Royal Mail. And unlike Amtrack, they goods generally get there in one bit.
Old 26 September 2007, 03:52 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Citylink have just merged with Target and service is terrible, I wonder whether it will just be a blip?
Old 26 September 2007, 04:45 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Microdirect.co.uk is the UK leading retailer of quality computer components and electronics. - they're really cheap and do next day delivery.

It says they post via Citylink, Amtrak and also Royal Mail so you can probably specify Royal Mail as the courier.
Old 26 September 2007, 10:41 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bob269
I take it you mean overclockers postal and not the shop, as the counter service is absolutly shocking, i live a couple of miles away and have ordered mailorder from them before as its quicker and easier than buying from the shop.

I can second scan, bought a few things and had no troubles with them. Cant remember which postal company they used, aria were ok but i think they use citylink also.
Do you mean the guy with no teeth??? I have to talk to wall behind him... or else I just stare at the gaps

If I do go to the counter I get there as early as possibly as it becomes a bloody nightmare with more than 5 people waiting. It ain't rocket science to have more than ONE PERSON one the desk is it? Why can't you order and collect????

Mind you - bloody good prices
Old 27 September 2007, 12:00 AM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob269

Yep I was refering to their postal service, I live too far away to collect.
Old 27 September 2007, 09:17 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Computer Supplies from Novatech
Overclockers UK