Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

[STi] CS Tactics [STi] CS Tactics [STi] CS Tactics - for discussion..................

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2002, 03:37 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

ok, bazza has been quite vociferous recently about tactics or the lack of !!

so, how are we proposing to try tactics for maps and for CT / T ?

this is linked in with another thread i will be posting today / tomorrow about the future of [STi] and matches etc........watch this space......

are we going to :

1) decide teams for the nite or for a map b4 the session ?
2) if we do 1) how we decide on fair teams ? AND we need peeps to be quite sure they can turn up for the session ? and who decides them ?
3) play less maps but for longer ? ie 40/50 mins per map BUT all swap ½ way through so we play CT and T on a map and see which team is overall winner ?
4) choose maps to develop tactics on ? i would say the likes of Dust2, Vertigo, Inferno, Survivor, Storm are good size and ripe for proper tactical team play ? Anyone got others ? anyone reckon some of the new ones ? village / dawn etc ?
5) once chosen in 4) how are we going to work out some tactics ? use msn / icq for chat/discussion ? or go online and start to work on them whilst playing using voice ?
6) do we see the need for roles to be developed wrt weapon use ? sniper ? shotgun ? - specialty weapons peeps ? (Tiggs )
7) do we need people type roles - team leader / bomb defuser / bomb planter / offence / defence ? How far do we go (matt over to u for some input here m8e ?)
8)am i talking total rubbish here ?

A must for this to work is that everyone has voice working !! I think we probably are just about sorted with this ?

I need some feedback guys..........

over to u lot for comment...............

cheers

Steve
Old 14 January 2002, 03:43 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

long sessions on each map sounds good- to often find map changes just as its getting going...

dont know about the rest, some of us have to work you know! will give some thought to it later.

Tiggs
Old 14 January 2002, 03:45 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

N1 Steve.

We could use IRC chat rooms to meet in and split off into teams to discuss tatics. The TL's for the session will decide which maps to play and for how long etc.... Well thats how I am use to doing things, and no I'm not going to TL. I keep getting my team killed

Over and out.
Old 14 January 2002, 03:47 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

I still think the idea of practicing team tactics is a good one.

Quite how we go about it is a different matter, my idea of team colours seems to have sunk without a trace.

Somebody else suggested that we use team skins, could be of use but then nobody else seemed to like that idea either.

As you seem to be the team captain steve, your word is our command, how about you decide the best way to go and we all try it out and develop as we go along ?

I doubt theres much point in assigning roles to people as we're never sure whos around/turning up later/been disconnected but will be back etc.

Cheers

[STi]Norman D. Landing[RED]
Old 14 January 2002, 03:51 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

This is ALL IMHO.. and in my experience... and what our clan acutally does atm.

1) When our clan practices tactics we all read the tactics beforehand and then all run through them as a whole team on one side to make sure we all know then change teams.

2) IF you do do 1) then it'll have to be decided once everyone has arrived... would be tough though.

3) Very wise.. we generaly play (as in walk through) one map all evening (couple of hours).

4) write the tactics first for 1 or 2 maps and then refine and get them right.. play matches ONLY on maps you've prepared for

5) IRC IRC IRC... I can't recomend this program enough.. we use a combination of this and then joining and empty server. generally only 1 or 2 ppl work on the tactics with others suggesting refinements.

6) No.. weapon is generally down to your assigned position occasionnaly ppl would select AWP if applicable.

7) There HAS to be a Leader who calls which way T's rush however on CT's all ppl must communicate to where the T's are attacking (this is on de maps... rolls reversed on cs ones)

8) would we expect anything else
Old 14 January 2002, 04:01 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Smile

I agree with Diz

Isn't there any good websites giving out team-tactics. We could start there and refine them to our needs.

I suggest we concentrate on a map like dust2 for maybe once/twice a week for several weeks.

rr
Old 14 January 2002, 04:03 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

most ppl guard there tactics very closely.. however the best way is to download HLTV demo's of top clan matches.. best way to pinch them....
If you havn't seen any proper HLTV demo's there sooo cool
Old 14 January 2002, 04:05 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

HLTV. mmmm looks like I will be downloading some stuff in a bit

Any good links to start with?

Thought about trying to find some cpl demos.
Old 14 January 2002, 04:07 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

HLTV from where?
Old 14 January 2002, 04:14 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Only talking about the basic stuff given out by CS websites.

for example

I would like to stress the importance of the following in a clan:

Communication
Co-operation
Leadership (Only For Team Leaders, or anybody hoping to wipe out their team leader hehe)
Communication
In Counter-Strike, communication is as important as any real world communication medium. Without proper communication, you will be thinking 'What the hell is he doing?' or your clan mates will think 'Where the hell is he? He's not in position'. When these kind of thoughts start festering in your mind, the mental part of the game can become interrupted, meaning you can't concentrate, and may start to think negative rather than postive ('I can't win if he's not there') which will have a detrimental effect on your team and could ruin your game.

So everytime your leader gives an order, try to reply "Roger" and this will boost confidence. When in position, reply "I'm in position", so that everyone is prepared for a fight with no fear because you know that cover is nearby. Never forget "enemy down" whenever your foe is dead, in order to inform team mates that your task is half completed. Add a "sector clear" if you are sure the place you guard is damn clear.

Not used to it? Try to play with PoD Bots and you will see how they use communication so well. So, Keep Talking!! (But, Never Talk Crap!)

Co-operation
There are some clans that I've seen that have bad co-operation, which no doubt results in their downfall. The team leader says "cover the bridge" but all the players want high frags so they rush like madmen with a gun in their hands. A group of well-organised enemies pop up somewhere along they way, meaning they won't, and don't get very far. Panic? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! But before you can get cover, you're dead.....too late to co-operate now.

In Counter-Strike clan matches, if you do things your own way, you'd be as well committing suicide, because you won't get very far. If you want to win, always, yes always...co-operate. Any team orientated event/game requires co-operation, so why not do it.

There's a chinese proverb; 'Co-operation is STRENGTH'. This stresses the importance of co-operation. Very often you here people sigh "They are damn damn good, how the hell are we suppose to beat them?" Really? Think Again!! If your clan co-operates, it increases the chance of winning.

Leadership
Every clan has a clan leader (if you could actually call him that). His job is clear....to give out orders to the team and be in charge of the whole performance of clan, recruiting and so on. But it isn't as easy as you think. These days, team leaders are being let down. You'll often hear people whining to their team leader: 'You play like s***, why should I listen to you?' Here are a few ways to prevent that:

Apparently, the most difficult problem in order to get this strategy working is not time, money, or manpower, but the willingness of your teamates to listen. This might be easily achieved if the people you're playing with are clanmates or close friends, but random players are either there for simple Death Match, or are just plain ole' sonsabitches. First, assert yourself as leader....if you have a few players that recognize your self imposed authority, then you have accomplished your first goal and main objective. If successful, you now have something counter-strike was made for, teamplay.

Currently, your small band of loyal warriors are not afraid of dying, with exception to the true elite nerds out there. Psychologically, teamplay is very interesting and most people are willing to be a part of something. Strategy is the most important part, before you assume leadership, you should be VERY good with strategies and tactics. People do not follow losers, thats historically accurate. Make sure you know the map very well too, along with the following:

Guns
Where the enemy is concentrating resources
How to deal with the enemy
Where to send your teamates
What to send your teamates as (i.e. Sniper, CQCombatant, Rusher)
Desmond Varo (aka CS KING)

I did find a very good CS websites which had detailed drawings on how a clan should play each maps. Unfortuantely I lost the url maily due to I wasn't interested in clan tactics then. I have a look sometime to see if I can find it again.
Old 14 January 2002, 04:15 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Question

thanks guys keep it coming.

Diz : ta for this, couple questions for u m8 :

1) how do u decide teams ? skill level ? ping ?

4) write tactics ? as in like jot them down and circulate to clan via e-mail etc ??

6) you say weapon down to assigned position ? so what sort positions you have assigned in your clan ?

I reckon we should start with Dust 2 and Inferno - both excellent maps and quite big for some good tactical development ?

Diz : if u around l8r maybe we can have a quick msn chat m8 ?

Norm : We can certainly all use 1 skin...Diz ???

Norm i like that bit about 'your word is our command' oh the power

BUT i want people to feel they can contribute if they want.......

oh and Tiggs - first time u have worked since about November m8

steve
Old 14 January 2002, 04:15 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

HLTV was part of the latest cs update..

its kind of a spectator mod so you can watch "live" matches... however it also means you can record matches and watch them later... the big advantage is the 2D view so you can see where all the ppl are etc.

I'll look up some good sites when I Get home

http://www.mirc.com get it get it get it. in the conection options select the quakenet servers... london or a random one.
then type "/join #Scoobynet" but I'm normally in "/join #clanone"
Old 14 January 2002, 04:20 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

check out this site guys...

got 2d maps of most of the maps i think.....

would be wot i would use to devise tactics on for a map.....

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/cs2d/cs2d.htm
Old 14 January 2002, 04:21 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i'll have you know i visited my office twice in december!!!

Tiggs

i assume clearing the tables out the boardroom for scalextric is still classed as working
Old 14 January 2002, 04:32 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Any piccy's Tiggs?
Old 14 January 2002, 04:33 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

nope but the season is young! i will get some pics when we do a 25ft straight

Tiggs
Old 14 January 2002, 04:35 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Do I detect a Clan [STi] Scalextric Sunday ? - I have a couple of sets and extra track......
Old 14 January 2002, 04:36 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 14 January 2002, 04:37 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Has anyone got the subaru font in .ttf form?

whoops wrong thread

[Edited by Damaja - 1/14/2002 4:37:42 PM]
Old 14 January 2002, 05:12 PM
orbv
Scooby Regular

Rather then use a color after the players name u could try admin_glow <colour>
Old 14 January 2002, 05:36 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

corner
Old 14 January 2002, 05:40 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

cheers steve,

my email tells me there's an addition to this post but it forgets to tell me its you playing with yourself (i assume no one else is playing?)

Tiggs
Old 14 January 2002, 05:51 PM
Paul.G
Scooby Regular

This all sounds rather interesting,
Are there set numbers of players required for this? And have you already got your team (s), those of you with Sti in front of your names?
If not I wouldn’t mind a bash at it (My girlfriend says I am good at taking orders )
Oh and what microphones are you using, is there a preferred type?
And yes I will stop asking questions !

For now anyway,

Paul.G
Old 14 January 2002, 05:55 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Wink

As you may detect Paul, no we havent done it before . The only requirement for [STi] is post on here when you should be working, give Steve lots of abuse and play C/S when your wife/girlfriend says you should be doing something else

Have I missed any other requirements ?

If you feel you qualify stick [STi] on your C/S name and join in

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 1/14/2002 5:56:34 PM]
Old 14 January 2002, 06:09 PM
Paul.G
Scooby Regular

Brilliant !!
As if I need an excuse to do anything but what the girlfriend tells me !!

Oopps………Coming dear……
Old 14 January 2002, 06:24 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Talking

only other requirment Paul is to post in good time that u will be attending a session............esp a sunday nite one and then......

wait til sunday afternoon and post u cannot cos your other ½ has arranged for you to either

a) be entertaining friends for the evening
b) going out to friends

once u can satify this criteria on a regular basis u r in [STi] as a fully fledged member

mic - i use a ms gamevoice thingy....seems really good quality.

[Edited by Steve Perriam - 1/14/2002 7:08:13 PM]
Old 14 January 2002, 07:01 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Headset?

Plantronics.

You know it makes sense.

The {STi] is just something we made up so we could find each other on www.gametiger.com when doing a player search on [STi].

Edited to say u should register your details with our team on Barrysworld Scoobynetters. (Costs nowt.)

Get in quick before we start demanding credentials!!

[Edited by BarryK - 1/14/2002 7:02:59 PM]
Old 14 January 2002, 07:02 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

.........and kill Tooting Popular Front when he's on your team before he kills you !!

Editted to say: ........and me (before anyone else gets there first)

[Edited by Norman D. Landing - 1/14/2002 7:03:53 PM]
Old 14 January 2002, 07:09 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

yes would be good if everyone can go register on BW and tell me your user name / alias etc so i can get you to join the Scoobynetters team.
Old 14 January 2002, 07:34 PM
Paul.G
Scooby Regular

You must have read my mind
just created an acount on Barrysworld

User name: Paul.G
(highly original!!)

Quick Reply: [STi] CS Tactics [STi] CS Tactics [STi] CS Tactics - for discussion..................