Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

My PC work run EVO CDROM car games.

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2002, 03:39 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My PC is 2 years old and is admittedly not exactly state of the art. It has a K6/3 running at 400 MHz and I've just upgraded to 192 Mb of RAM. All the other components are reasonably up to date (Rage Pro video card with 8 Mb through AGP, Sound blaster PCI, etc). The OS is Windows 98SE. The problem is that it will not run any of the car games included on the CD-ROM which came with last month's EVO mag. In most cases the game downloads fine but once I try to run the game, I get through the intro screens and the PC then reverts to desktop sceen. No GP faults or other errors just resets to original screen.

I thought upgrading memory would help (only had 64 Mb). Made no difference. I upgraded DirectX to 8.1 as suggested on CD - again did not help. The video card drivers are right up to date.

Now it may be that the CPU is the problem (just too slow) but it does by some margin exceed the minimum requirements.

Please help.

D.