Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How to watch BBCI player outside UK with windows7?

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2009, 09:25 AM
lalique
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile How to watch BBCI player outside UK with windows7?

I am no computer geneious, so I am looking for something that will work easyly.

thanks
Old 02 December 2009, 09:31 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

bbc iplayer by proxy - Google Search
Old 02 December 2009, 10:09 AM
lalique
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scoobymad555
Thanks for the replay, I have been reading different resourses whole morning and only made me more confused

I have found this site, but dont know wheter it is safe to use.
Flote
Old 02 December 2009, 08:52 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Well the technicalities of how it works should be fine. That said, it does seem to be a bit of a no-name in the world of i-player dodges so I think i'd be cautious of it. Haven't had any experience of it so couldn't say absolutely.

The whole objective of whatever service you use is to obtain a uk ip address as iplayer won't talk to addresses other than uk ones. How you go about it is your decision ultimately but you need to bare in mind that these 'solutions' aren't exactly endorsed or supported by the bbc and in some cases, they're pushing the grey boundaries of what is legal and what isn't. As with any 'solution' that falls into that category you basically just need to be careful.

My advice would be, if you're determined to do it then follow the crowd on this one for the most part and use the ones that everyone else seems to be (take a look at the first few pages on a google search for the common ones) as that's likely to be your safest option in terms of not getting ripped off but at the same time, services like that will tend to go in fits and spells of performance due to the load of people moving from one to the other looking for better connection speeds so, try and keep abreast of which ones people are using and try to get one that's popular but not overloaded.

Without wanting to sound patronising, I would also say that despite the way that some of the sites word things, using iplayer or watching its content without a valid uk tv license could well land you in trouble - there's very little the average person can do to stop themselves being identified / traced if the BBC decide to have a clampdown on it. More likely that they'll just block the addresses to be fair but it's still a risk to consider all the same.
Old 03 December 2009, 05:16 PM
lalique
Scooby Newbie

Thank you again for your time, even though my family have a licence in uk, still I ll consider what you are saying.