Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Hotmail +

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2009, 02:02 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hotmail +

I paid for this near 1 week ago, however want to cancel the subcription to get my money back..as i found its a waste of money..

Anyone know how i can do this?
Old 04 December 2009, 02:47 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

got the answer..you need to cotact support..

All done!
Old 04 December 2009, 02:49 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll probably need to phone them, same as I did to cancel my OneCare subscription. There was no way to do it online.
Old 04 December 2009, 02:49 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Doh, too slow
Old 04 December 2009, 02:51 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

lol...

you can go here and contact support:

For information about your account, go to https://billing.microsoft.com and select one of the following options:
To update payment information, click on the payment method's link under 'Payment type', on the next page click 'Go to payment method information', and on the next page click 'Edit payment method information'.
For information about canceling a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Cancel my service'.
To view a billing statement for a payment method, click the payment method's link under 'Payment type'.
To review the agreement that you accepted when purchasing a service, click the service name, and then on the next page click 'Read service agreement'.
For help with your account, click 'Contact support'
Old 04 December 2009, 03:05 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I don't want to take this off topic, but, anyone know how I can stop the MSN Messnger starting up whenever I open Hotmail for e-mail? I'm shown as offline, so I'm invisible - but it takes a long time to load and allow me to read my e-mails .... and it's peeing me right off!
Old 04 December 2009, 03:34 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I don't use it much myself, nor IE, but this seems to be a sensible solution. C&P . . .

To disable Messenger integration in IE, open up Internet Explorer and choose the Tools menu. Then choose Manage Add-ons.

Show the entries that run without permission and the specific entry you'll want to disable is
"Windows Live", which corresponds to the \Program Files\Windows Live\msgsc.14.0.8089.0726.dll file and CLSID/Class ID is {4F07F79F-087F-42CF-8B36-7A88D06088E9}. You may need to show the various columns to find the exact one (there will be multiple 'Windows Live' entries). Double-click each entry for the full information to show.

After you've found it, choose the button to Disable it and Messenger will no longer be started by any Microsoft websites. Be aware however that if/when Messenger is updated, this will be need to be done again (and will be a different file and CLSID).
Old 04 December 2009, 04:58 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dunk ... will have a go - Hotmail was fine before they 'upgraded'!

I think I have found the source of my PC running slowly .... MsMpEng.exe keeps eating up CPU % and RAM - turns out it's Windows Defender! - so, that's turned off (I have other AV Software running!)
Old 04 December 2009, 05:08 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Well, thanks Dunk .... found loads of crap that I don't use!

I had Toolbars along the top for ages - pain in the rear end - all gone now

Why do software developers imagine that we want their toolbars and programs running sneakily in the background?

I reckon this Virus thing is just so that developers can keep in employment - I reckon if we threw all our AV programs in the bin nothing would happen except our PC's would start running like they did when they were new!