Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Tiscali anytime

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2002, 06:33 PM
cberry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Is it just me or does anyone esle find that Tiscali anytime is totally ****e? It now won't let me logon despite me paying my £15 a month. The number is always engaged too. When I do manage to login then the server normally logs me off after 10 or so mins which means downloads are a no no.
Old 25 March 2002, 12:26 PM
jfrf
Scooby Regular

I also had major problem with tiscali (disconnections, engaged tone, lag in games).
I finally recently changed isp to www.fast24.co.uk
Much better and suprisingly cheaper too
Only pay 7 pounds a month for offpeak access.
Vote with your feet. There are loads of isps.
Old 25 March 2002, 12:32 PM
Doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

It has got very bad in the last month. They have swallowed up lots of other companies but they don't have the infrastructure to cope. The number is often unobtainable let alone just engaged and the random log offs are getting more frequent. Couple that with the lack of newsgroups and I'm looking to move but to who? I can't get broadband in my area and every ISP has its detractors. The problem is that we just won't pay for a decent service.
Old 25 March 2002, 03:38 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had major problems with Tiscali ADSL - out for over six weeks and still paying Their customer service was next to non existant. Broke the contract (4 months early) with a letter saying they could sue me. Got a standard relpy saying they would look into it - that was over 2 months ago

Moral - steer clear of Tiscali

David
Old 25 March 2002, 06:51 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

I was on Tiscali (originally Worldonline) and it used to be really good, but over the past few months (since Xmas really) it has gone completely ****!

For a starters they introduced a 2 hour cut-off, which was ok as the service was still good then, but it slowly got worse.

Trouble connecting, dropping the connection, cr@p connection speed, slow downloads, high pings (do a lot of online gaming), etc...

I eventually got p!ssed off and cancelled.

Now I have ADSL from Pipex and it is superb.