Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Medal of Honor

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2010, 05:49 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Medal of Honor

Noticed a news story on this just now. Seems to be causing a bit of a fuss because it allows people to play as the Taliban and kill U.S. troops. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxGlJHHAkrA

And here's the actual trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaz7r...feature=search

Quite annoying when people start bleating on about banning video games, etc, because of their content. At the end of the day they aren't harming anyone, and they have an appropriate certificate, so what's the problem? It does look good. I hope nobody caves in and starts changing or deleting parts of it.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 23 August 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 23 August 2010, 06:12 PM
Hongkongfooi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you don't see a problem with games glamourising killing allied troops then there's no helping you ffs.
if you need a history lesson on why we are at war with these people then look at how many of our troops have been killed by these people.

I appreciate its a game but there are a lot of nutters in the world who might actually agree with killing our troops and sign up!
Old 23 August 2010, 06:23 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The people playing the game aren't harming anyone, so that's the end of the argument in my opinion. If it offends you then don't buy it and it won't bother you. Don't see why other people have the right to tell anyone what they can and can't play to be honest. There are plenty of things available to buy that I don't particularly like, so I don't buy them, but I wouldn't try and stop anyone else doing as they pleased.

I don't agree with our troops being out in Afghanistan anyway, even though I have respect for the people actually doing the job, so no history lesson would change that.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 23 August 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Mispelling of argument again...
Old 23 August 2010, 06:54 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

It's a bit close to the bone, having said that I would have probably bought it if it wasn't being released so close to MW Black ops
Old 23 August 2010, 06:57 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi
if you don't see a problem with games glamourising killing allied troops then there's no helping you ffs.
if you need a history lesson on why we are at war with these people then look at how many of our troops have been killed by these people.

I appreciate its a game but there are a lot of nutters in the world who might actually agree with killing our troops and sign up!
You seem to have your head wedged in the same place as Liam Fox !
Old 23 August 2010, 07:44 PM
OcTag3n
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's only a game ffs!

Anyway, what about it working the other way, you get to shoot some Talibans
Old 23 August 2010, 07:55 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

what about the ww2 games, how do you think the germans feel about having there familys shot, thats right they don't give a **** as its only a game, if everything offensive to someone was not allowed to be made or sold we'd have a pretty boring existance,
Old 24 August 2010, 08:40 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

A huge amount of German games are censored, i would not be surprised of the WW2 titles released in Germany had the ***** changed into fluffy bunny rabbits

I love Bad Company 2, and MOH will be like getting a whole new set of multiplayer maps (plus a new campaign), for a reasonable cost = win!

Seams a shame that the amount of people playing BC2 has dropped off though, its a good solid game, i prefer it over MW2
Old 24 August 2010, 08:59 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Seams a shame that the amount of people playing BC2 has dropped off though, its a good solid game, i prefer it over MW2
I loved the campaign mode of BC2, prefered it to MW2 but I couldn't get into the multiplayer side of it so went back to MW2 for that.

The way buildings can be destroyed etc is a massive plus for BC2 over MW2, I would probably say the graphics in general are better
Old 25 August 2010, 12:53 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi

But it's ok for american developers to have U.S troops in their games (modern warfare 2) and go Derka-Derka bashing or beating the ruskies and Jap's??
Old 25 August 2010, 01:07 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

tbh i hated mw2 multi player side but like bc2 multiplayer, im fact i'm admin on a couple of servers on bc2 lol

but on the origional subject, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

dont forget folks that we support the taliban when the russians were fighting them, funny how a few years changes perspective huh

Last edited by Tidgy; 25 August 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 25 August 2010, 01:13 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just watched the trailer for this game and now cant wait for it to come out
Old 29 August 2010, 04:17 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I really enjoy playing the multiplayer on BC2 I think its the best multi on the 360 since Battlefield 2 MC.

Its a game, if you don't like war or the subject matter then don't buy it....SIMPLES!!

Last edited by Fabioso; 29 August 2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 31 August 2010, 06:58 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

Who will look at it as if you have just killed a Taliban/US Troop? Its all about killing the other team and getting points, who really cares what outfit they have on?
Old 31 August 2010, 07:00 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave247
Who will look at it as if you have just killed a Taliban/US Troop? Its all about killing the other team and getting points, who really cares what outfit they have on?

Well said, that man.
Old 18 September 2010, 10:26 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Anyone know what versions of the game are coming out?
Went to game to pre-order and they are releasing three versions but the staff couldnt tell me what the difference was?