Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Excel help...

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2010, 09:23 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Excel help...

I do some of my company accounts on excel and wondered if anyone can help with the following.

I have say B2 to B20 with figures in and I would like them to total in B21 same goes for the next few columns that identify different expenditure.

The template is set up so it fits an a4 page so I also need to set for say B23 to B39 etc. I guess it is a case of highlighting boxes then entering a code buy google can't help me!

Any ideas?

Cheers, Chop
Old 23 September 2010, 09:27 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Sorry Chop, I know **** all about Excel.

I'm just wondering if anything ever came of you running over that Traffic warden bint who tried to give you a ticket?
Old 23 September 2010, 09:34 PM
silver lady
Scooby Newbie

Do you mean that you want to add up the column, if so click on the cell that you want to put the answer in and then click on the autosum button on the top toolbar. Make sure that you have highlighted the cells you want to add up and then press return.

It will give you =sum(B2:B20) alternatively you can just type in the formula. You can just drag the formula across the so that all of the columns add up in the same way.
Old 23 September 2010, 09:38 PM
silver lady
Scooby Newbie

[URL="http://www.teach-ict.com/videohome.htm"]

Try this for brilliant help videos (allsorts of software) Good luck!
Old 24 September 2010, 09:22 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Thanks silver lady Just what I was after. Much appreciated.

Zip - It took a long time to sort out. The police had 6 months to press charges and just before this date they informed me that they would not prosecute. This was after 3 interviews, 2 with my lawyer under caution. Fair play they were only doing their job and I never felt they were deliberately trying to find a reason to prosecute, just going through the motions. We all had a laugh about it when the tape was off.

I kicked up a big stink with the private company and the council who they were working on behalf. After a lot of letters the lady involved left the company (don't know whether my letters had anything to do with it) but within 4-6 months the council has sacked the firm and taken on someone else.

On in all a result but I never leave my car on double yellows as the other wardens had a serious vendetta for a while.

Now I can laugh at the site of the traffic warden hopping down the street

Chop