Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Browsers

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2013, 10:27 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Browsers

Hi techies

I started my own business back in August 2012 and I have a free address and website for 2 years (I think it is) via Yola.com but all of a sudden I can't seem to get in to my yola to update the website.
Now there tech team suggested several things and 1 I have tried was a different browser. I have/am running IE8 as I am still running Windows XP at present (looking to upgrade to Windows 7 very soon) but I have also just added Firefox which seems to be running alongside IE8.
I tried Firefox before and never liked the idea of not having a tab on top for favourites, like you have on IE. Is there a way of doing this on Firefox?

Also will both of these browsers run ok side by side on my pc or will there be some sort of conflict between them? They seem to be ok at present, but I have literally just installed Firefox!

Thanks for reading and hope to have some ideas and feedback on the above
Old 08 March 2013, 11:12 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

two both separate entities so will not conflict at all but i prefer Google chrome , as it syncs my bookmarks across all devices even on the ipad
Old 08 March 2013, 11:32 AM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have a 'Favourites' icon in the menu bar of Firefox - look for a small button towards the top right that looks like a square with a star inside it, roughly in the same place as where it is in IE.

I agree with Ant though, Chrome is the better browser at the moment.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:58 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

I had tried Chrome a couple of weeks back but for some reason (I can't remember why now) I couldn't get on with it so removed it.

Thanks for the info on the first post and I'm glad they should run ok together. I found the square with the star in it, you have to add it to the toolbar which I have now done
Old 09 March 2013, 04:49 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FFox is a much nicer browser than Chrome imo. I tend to use the 64bit variant Waterfox. But the 32bit normal version is great too. I just like the customisations you can do in ffox, there's alot more choice and availablity with ffox addons.
Old 09 March 2013, 06:29 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each to their own really, either is better than any version of IE! I have an Android phone and the ability to sync between laptop/work pc/phone is invaluable.