BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default usa sends mercenaries to zimbabwe

http://islamonline.net/English/News/...rticle01.shtml

is this b-o-l-l-o-c-k-s or true
Zimbabwe Impounds 'U.S. Plane' With 64 Mercenaries

Zimbabwean officials hold up wire cutters found on board the plane

HARARE , March 9 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - Zimbabwe has impounded a U.S.-registered aircraft which landed at Harare airport with military equipment and 64 suspected mercenaries, Home Affairs Minister Kembo Mohadi announced Monday, March 8.

Mohadi said that a “United States of America-registered Boeing 727-100 cargo plane was detained last [Sunday] night at about 1930 hours (1730 GMT) at Harare International Airport after its owners had made a false declaration of its cargo and crew”, reported Agence France-Presse (AFP).

“The plane was actually carrying 64 suspected mercenaries of various nationalities,” the minister told a press conference.

“Further investigations also revealed that on board the plane was military material.”

Some of the equipment shown by state television late Monday included satellite telephones, compasses, radios, military knives and boots

The television said that most of the suspects were white “heavily built males”.

The equipment found aboard the plane was usually used by “commandos on a special mission” it added.

From South Africa

The plane stands on the runway at Harare airport

South African aviation authorities said Tuesday, March 9, the plane took off illegally from South Africa .

“We have discovered that it took off from Wonderboom airport (just north of Pretoria ) which is not an international airport,” said Moses Seate, spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA).

An Internet trace showed the Boeing belongs to Dodson Aviation Incorporated, based in Ottawa , Kansas .

South African Deputy Foreign Minister Aziz Pahad said that “the South African government is concerned at unconfirmed reports that some of the people on board may be South African nationals”.

A Zimbabwean official said the country has “mobilized all security organs to get to the bottom of this case”, Reuters news agency reported.

He added that the men would be paraded before the media when the situation allowed.

U.S. Denial

In Washington , a U.S. State Department official denied that the plane was registered in the United States , though said it might once have been.

“It is not a U.S. registered aircraft right now,” the official said on condition of anonymity.

A U.S. embassy official in Harare also claimed “we know nothing about it” and the mystery deepened when the official in Washington confirmed: “It is not a U.S. government or a U.S. commercial aircraft as far as we know”.

“I understand that at one point back in the 1970's someone may have owned it in the U.S. but it hasn't been a U.S. aircraft since the early 80s,” the official said.

“I have no idea who owns it. There is no U.S. citizen on board.”

President Robert Mugabe has repeatedly accused the U.S. government and the former colonial power, Britain , of trying to oust him since he was re-elected two years ago.

Reports released last year revealed that the U.S. government was involved in an alleged plot to assassinate Mugabe.

Relations between the United States and Zimbabwe worsened last week when U.S. President George W. Bush renewed sanctions imposed on Mugabe and other government officials a year ago for allegedly undermining democracy in the southern African country.

Washington said it was widening the existing sanctions regime against Zimbabwe to include seven government-related businesses.

Bush said the Zimbabwe government was causing a breakdown of the rule of law, economic instability, and fomenting politically motivated violence.

But Information Minister Jonathan Moyo responded angrily, referring to the Americans as “hamburger-eating imperialists”.

Last month, the European Union also extended sanctions it had imposed against Zimbabwe , to include an arms embargo as well as travel restrictions and a freeze on any overseas assets of 95 government officials, including Mugabe.

The economy of the former British colony has been in a nose-dive in recent years with international support drying up, and rates of inflation and interest skyrocketing to record highs of more than 600 percent.

British reports revealed on Sunday, March 7, that the U.S. is hiring mercenaries in Chile to replace its soldiers on “security duty” in the war-torn country.

Mass-circulation The Guardian said that Pentagon contractor has begun recruiting former commandos, other soldiers and seamen, paying them up to $4,000 a month.
Old 09 March 2004, 06:27 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Dunno Moses

Go & STW & find any stories to either back up or deny it.
Old 09 March 2004, 07:10 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Well that pillar of African politics Robert Mugabe said the US were behind it, so it must be true!

Whatever the US are guilty of, I don't think this is one of them. IMO of course

Geezer
Old 09 March 2004, 07:10 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i only heard it in this site so far, will do , gonna watch the news tonight
Old 09 March 2004, 07:25 PM
ANDYUK300
Scooby Regular

probably a c.i.a backed/ funded job. that way the higher echelons of the u.s govt really would'nt know anything about it.
Old 09 March 2004, 07:25 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

lol

i remember they used to arm south nigeria and somalia against the other half so may be true
Old 09 March 2004, 07:42 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

u know bravo many like him in the east they call him THE DEFIANT

more ***** than most arab leaders their castrated animals the arab leaders, mugabe should them their his bitches when it comes to defying even if he is wrong

i spoke to some of my african brethren , majority luv mugabe , they say he gives the whiteman their own medicine
Old 09 March 2004, 07:53 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Mugabe may well be brutal, and not quite a full shilling but he does have a point - why should a minority of white farmers control the majority of the land ? His methods suck but his rationale is correct. The minority white farmers are effectively paying for the sins of their forefathers and the west's plundering of African resources during the colonialist days.

The use of mercenaries by governments is proving to be an increasingly favourable proposition : with the high profile that many special forces get such as the SAS, a lot of these highly trained soldiers are now members of 'unofficial' units so as to deflect blame for their actions away from their real paymasters.
Old 09 March 2004, 08:16 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

yeah i agree, i found it confusing and i wanted to say to them, why u here then if u liked him

i would ask them that next time, lol

one more thing its sad u know we get taken the **** out of us, coz of a few people so called asylum seekers they give the rest a bad name

i suffer it all the time, me being in glasgow, some of these people who have come here from other countries are well off, they aint asylum seekers

Last edited by moses; 09 March 2004 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09 March 2004, 08:19 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

MJW

Got to say that if thats ALL that you think is happening in Zimbabwe, then you are very blinkered.

Forget the "white" farmers and look at what he is actually doing to the whole of his country, he is destroying it. Added to which, his supporters are killing and beating up the general population (read "black" for the purposes of this post) who are from non-Mugabe tribes in his country, which is another form of racism. The man is a complete tyrant and TBH I personally think that the US should remove him if they're in the dictator removing business - but I forget, no oil in Zimbabwe

It is not about white farmers, it is about persecuting minorities so that a despotic leader can cling to power by any means possible and, just 'cos I forgot to mention above, he's not beyond persecuting the members of his own tribe if it keeps him in power
Old 09 March 2004, 08:48 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Got to say that if thats ALL that you think is happening in Zimbabwe, then you are very blinkered.
Then you obviously didn't read my post correctly - I do not agree with his methods, and think that he's a dictator who should've been deposed in preference to Saddam Hussein. I am well aware of his election-rigging and suppression of opposing parties. The point I made is that the control of the most profitable and large tracts of arable land lie with the grandchildren of people who took it by force - surely an injustice by any standard.
Old 09 March 2004, 08:55 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i agree mjw

whites have so much land why do they need zimbabwe thats what sbradley said to me about he knows what
Old 09 March 2004, 11:07 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

MJW

Sorry chap, but you are blaming all of Zimbabwe's current woes on white farmers. I'm not talking about being "pro" the situation or moaning like buggery that a few white farmers get disposessed and beaten up/killed (although I would rather it were not happening to anyone (shape colour creed), anywhere). No-one (other than white farmers in Zimbabwe) disagrees that it was an inequitable situation and I won't start to go into the discussion about at what point a person actually attains the right to reside peacably in a country (200 years + in Zimbabwe, 6 months England?) despite the fact that one of the historic tribes there were interlopers themselves.

In the above respect, I can not fault your statement

why should a minority of white farmers control the majority of the land
BUT to suggest that Mugabe is the champion of the oppressed native Zimbabwean tribesman against brutal imperialism and colonialism is stretching the point way too far. The man is using the same classic tactics that tyrants, dictators and murdering thugs have used for centuries. Point the finger of blame away from your own failures and towards a minority that is unfit and possibly incapable of defending themselves. Hitler and the Jews, Idi Amin and the Pakistanis, Sadam Hussein against the Kurds & the list goes on. Whatever "merrits" Mugabe had in his position against the white farmers, he has gone on to use the same tactics against the other tribes that make up Zimbabwe and those in his own tribe that oppose him.

Mugabe is not about black vs white, natives vs colonialsm or whatever "vision" he is currently preaching, he is a brutish murdering thug pure & simple. In the process he has completely screwed the economy of his country, whilst living the life o'reilly and salting away large amounts in foreign bank accounts for himself and his cronies.

That is what is happening in Zimbabwe and to blame it on "white farmers" is an insult to the oppressed people there and in particular to the black majority who are suffering more at his hands than that handful of white farmers.

Old 09 March 2004, 11:17 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

The point I made is that the control of the most profitable and large tracts of arable land lie with the grandchildren of people who took it by force
Not any more it doesn't. The choicest farms are owned now by Mugabe and his cronies, there are a very few white farmers left, the rest (the majority of them) have either left voluntarily or had their farms taken from them forcibly. That land has subsequently either been left to rot as the existing tribal workforces have not been allowed to run them due to them not being the "right tribe" or squatted by "veterans" who are incapable and unwilling to use the land anyway.

Old 10 March 2004, 12:25 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
i agree mjw

whites have so much land why do they need zimbabwe thats what sbradley said to me about he knows what
WTF?

Um, I think you're confusing me with someone else, old son. I haven't expressed an opinion on Zimbabwe here as far as I recall and I haven't had any offlist chats about it with anyone.

Or are you on the wind-up? Again.

SB
Old 10 March 2004, 07:32 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Moses I have warned you before about your language when describing people. From now on, any reply from you containing bad language will be deleted and not just edited!
Old 10 March 2004, 07:39 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Default UK involvement

Looks like there is a UK dimension in this story as the aircraft's operators are a British company called Logo Logistics Ltd.

BBC article

But on checking Companies House website it appears no such company is registered there. Strange eh ? And the aircraft was registered in the US until one week ago. Obviously no CIA/MI6 black operations going on here then !

Last edited by Brit_in_Japan; 10 March 2004 at 07:43 AM. Reason: further research
Old 10 March 2004, 07:55 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

..and while I'll at it I'll just chip in and say that Robert Mugabe is happy to protect his buddy van Hoogstraten's farms from being liberated for the benefit of the ordinary Zimbabwe citizen. So apart from being a tyrant and oppressor, Mugabe is also a hypocrite too. He's run the ecomony into the ground and is detroying the quality of life for millions, whilst his white pal can keep hold of his farms and tobacco crops.
Old 10 March 2004, 08:16 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

...a magic bullet indeed
Old 10 March 2004, 11:03 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

sbradley i was talking about what u said about the palestinians u said arabs have other lands why dont they go and stay their, well palestinians were palestinians that is their land not the other arab lands

i was making a point, same thing here, so u aint defending the zimbabwe people

lets not talk about palestine now, coz u asked me, i thought u will be brany enough my freemason friend that u will work out what i meant, well no worries mate , peace

and lynne what did i say dear ??? if its my slang im sorry, im glasgwegian we swear when we talk and i dont mean it, i didnt notice i said something and i dont notice when i swear coz its a part of my glasgwegian culture

so am sorry if i did
Old 10 March 2004, 11:12 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Puff u r spot on, no real economic gain to be made their, so the superpowers can't defend their investment, hence no real interest unless of course normal folks complain so much a presidential candidate decides it might be worth a few votes!

Glad to see the 'A-Team' are out of retirement and on the way over their!
Old 10 March 2004, 12:21 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

The whole thing sounds exactly like the script of a Sylvester Stallone movie.
Old 10 March 2004, 02:29 PM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

this would have been a 'deniable' op anyway....so the original backers of the plan would be virtually untraceable...

it would have been a bit too obvious if a bunch of fully-kitted, gun-toting ex-special forces yanks had simply arrived on a scheduled United Airlines flight
Old 10 March 2004, 04:06 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Sorry chap, but you are blaming all of Zimbabwe's current woes on white farmers.
I've re-read my two posts on this thread and can't find any reference to this claim

BUT to suggest that Mugabe is the champion of the oppressed native Zimbabwean tribesman against brutal imperialism and colonialism is stretching the point way too far
Ditto the above.

Condensed summary of my postings on this thread are :
- Mugabe is a brutal dictator
- Land distribution is unfairly weighted
- Governments use mercenaries

And in addition I agree with the notion upheld here that one of the reasons Zimbabwe hasn't felt the full force of coalition military action is that it simply isn't profitable.
Old 10 March 2004, 11:21 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Mercenaries land at main international airport?

Hardly covert, what next, knock on mugabe's front door asking if he's in?

moses, respect for mugabe standing up to the west? taking the land back from the whites? Would not be so bad, if his "people" were not starving, dieing, being beaten, imprisoned whilst he and his wife are flying to France on a private 727 jet for shopping trip....

At least the whites were farming the land making food for the country's people.

Time for a "Smart bomb" launched from great height. Get it over and done with, no f@cking around. Must be a few left over from Iraq war.

Last edited by Buckrogers; 11 March 2004 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spellllings