Notices
Current World Events Events happening in the world today

Sharon has really done it now!

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2004, 09:03 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The war between Israel and the Palestinian has been dragging on for generations now. There is no more black and white but shades of grey in this situation. Both have commited unspeakable atrocities and both crave for revenge. Assasinating leaders is a common thing these days and the US does it regularly so I guess it should be okay for Israel or the Palestinian to do it.
Old 22 March 2004, 09:17 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Using a helicopter gunship and missiles to achieve this, and while the car was passing through a quiet residential neighborhood is yet another indication to the rest of the world that Israel has lost the plot. Whether he was a terrorist leader or not this was an area with civilains in it.
Old 22 March 2004, 09:25 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

It seems to me that Israel is running amok, and are one of the major threats to world peace generally. The longer that the US backs Israeli terrorism, then longer the rest of the world will have to suffer Islamic terrorism. (oh no, I sound like Moses! )

Killing the Hamas chief is like pouring petrol onto an already dangerous fire.

Geezer
Old 22 March 2004, 09:27 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
The USA in my opinion let Israel get away with far too much and should reign them in.
The US needs Israel in order to establish a presence in the middle east. I know that this is like a double edge sword and may be the reason why America has been plagued by terrorists lately. To the lower class in the middle east with no education, they wont be able to distiguish between the US and Israel.
Old 22 March 2004, 10:04 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Being one of the top 5 strongest military in the world, I dont think they've got much to worry about B2Z. Remember when Iraq was up there with the best ( I think 1 step lower than Israel was in term of militay might), it took the whole coalition of the world to disarm them in desert storm. A little birdy also tells me that they've got nuclear weapons capability and can fend off any assaults before it even gets to Israel.

Yes I agree, Sharon has sorta lost the plot but I've got this feeling that its more to do with his military men who's behind this assasination. We'll see how it goes in the next few days.
Old 22 March 2004, 10:37 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Who does Israel get its oil from?
Old 22 March 2004, 10:57 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Israel has made the tactical decision to kill all the important figures within Hamas. Unfortunately, they've taken the decision to use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Using Gunships, tanks or mass force to kill one person is effective, but they don't appear to care about civilian casualties.

Is the West annoyed at who they have targeted or their methods?

The Israeli people are backing the government's campaign against Hamas simply because of the outrage from all the suicide bombing and I can understand their reasoning. I can also understand, from a Palestine POV that their only real method of striking back is using guerilla tactics. What I feel strongly about is both sides lack of compassion for innocent civilian life.

Stefan
Old 22 March 2004, 11:00 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Who does Israel get its oil from?
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/israel.html

Egypt being one of them.

B2z, yeah he was a general and a brutal one if what was said about him was true. Thats probably why he's been distancing himself from his military past I guess.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:03 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

And I wouldn't be surprised if Iraq becomes another large supplier, with a nicepath through Jordan
Old 22 March 2004, 11:04 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzy
And I wouldn't be surprised if Iraq becomes another large supplier, with a nicepath through Jordan
That was one of the plans I read somewhere on the BBC ages ago. Dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing for us. But I wont hold my breath for petrol prices to come down..
Old 22 March 2004, 11:18 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Well, it's a bad thing because it goes a long way to enforce the view that all the middle-east conflicts are based simply on Oil (and Israel's need for it).

The fact that the West simply deny this is totally riduculous and unforgiveable. To be preached by Tony Blair and Bush that it's all a fight for freedom and democracy is ludicrous.

Stefan
Old 22 March 2004, 11:20 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Is moses ill today???
Old 22 March 2004, 11:23 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

He's probably worn out and needs a break from all this.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:38 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Puff the United States has already asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request was made a few weeks ago by a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The pipeline would take oil from the Kirkuk area, where some 40 percent of Iraqi oil is produced, and transport it via Mosul, and then across Jordan to Israel. The U.S. included a request for a cost estimate for repairing the Mosul-Haifa pipeline that was in use prior to 1948. During the War of Independence, the Iraqis stopped the flow of oil to Haifa and the pipeline fell into disrepair over the years.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:39 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Has anyone from the US state dept made a statement about the killing

Is the West annoyed at who they have targeted or their methods?
Thats a good point ozzy it will be interesting to see how the US cope with this one.

I have to say that the reaction of the US is pivotal in these developments. Depending on how they word their response could cause a bigger problem than that what already exists (if thats possible). I really do feel for the Palestinians in a way as i think they're damned if they do and damned if they dont depending on which side of the fence you're on.

Katana, yes mate Israel do have a large stockpile of nukes for "self defence" to be used in case of invasion. I dont think (but i may be corrected) that they have all small tactical none intercontinental warheads which is the reason why they haven't took part in disarmament programmes. Still scary **** though
Old 22 March 2004, 11:44 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

US election in November. How much do you think the government wants to upset the Jewish lobby? Some liberals won't like Sharon's action, but Bush can't afford to annoy the rest.
Old 22 March 2004, 11:54 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

-Gandhi-
Old 22 March 2004, 11:59 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

I dont think (but i may be corrected) that they have all small tactical none intercontinental warheads which is the reason why they haven't took part in disarmament programmes.
I meant to say i DO think but i cant edit my post

LOL@Nimbus, I think if we mention Bush a few times (in whatever context) he will reply soon enough
Old 22 March 2004, 12:05 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

They haven't taken part in dis-armament talks over nukes because there is no way that they will give 'em up.
Old 22 March 2004, 12:49 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
They haven't taken part in dis-armament talks over nukes because there is no way that they will give 'em up.
Any country willing to give up their WMD deterant is off its head. Look how well its keeping NK from being blown to bits. No country wants to be the next Iraq..
Old 22 March 2004, 01:00 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

nimbus im not ill but i was hurt and angered, i didnt wanna post here today coz of my anger would have driven me mad.

all i wanna say is sheikh will be in heaven tonight God willing while his butchers will burn in hell ameen , a blind and paralysed man butchered this way, israel deserves no peace , not one moment of it

this is my last post, i have far worse to say but definetly get banned saying it so im gonna leave it here
Old 22 March 2004, 01:05 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

and ozzy thanks for replying for me while i didnt post cheers, yes u were right im too worn out for this, i dont wanna become a killing machine myself, their is a thin line between good and bad, i dont wanna cross it.

and geezer well said and u did sound like me , i didnt need to say it coz u said it for me and thanks
Old 22 March 2004, 01:08 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

I would echo that it was not good for Israel to kill him, but he has personally ordered the butchering of Israeli children and must be held responsible for that. He was at least a participant of this war.

Still, Sharon has gone too far.

We shall see what happens (despite the inevitable bout of suicide bombings)

Geezer
Old 22 March 2004, 01:13 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

bravo jews believe their rabbis who condemn arabs and their kids as snakes will go to heaven, and their soldiers would go to heaven after butchering palestinians well i believe if thats the case ahmad yassin deserves heaven

pls dont make me post some more im not in the mood today at all

Quick Reply: Sharon has really done it now!